Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If you watch the police officer who pushed the elderly man over, I’m not excusing him here...
Hardly pushed him with excessive force, the guy tripped going backwards, and then the police officer went to bend down and help, but was moved on by another officer, if you watch he looks open mouthed and shocked, also his knees buckle slightly, I think there is remorse.
He is doing a job, for the machine.

He could have been dealt with better yes, but he was hardly attacked with a vicious assault, that we have seen.

The guy who actually pushed him didnt seem concerned at all...and i cant see a reason for actually pushing him in the first place

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The guy who actually pushed him didnt seem concerned at all...and i cant see a reason for actually pushing him in the first place

Ah yes, I was mainly looking at the guy with the baton, and his reaction.
The police officer who put his hand out to push him back just shakes his head after he topples back.
Again, you can look at that time and time again and again, and can you actually say contact was made decisively ?
Sometimes people fall back in anticipation of contact, i am not saying that is what happened, but food for thought if you want to remain impartial.

Again we just see a clip of a much bigger picture, not the run up to it, how many times was he warned to get back.
If it was me I would have moved.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ah yes, I was mainly looking at the guy with the baton, and his reaction.
The police officer who put his hand out to push him back just shakes his head after he topples back.
Again, you can look at that time and time again and again, and can you actually say contact was made decisively ?
Sometimes people fall back in anticipation of contact, i am not saying that is what happened, but food for thought if you want to remain impartial.

Again we just that clip the run up to it, how many times was he warned to get back.
If it was me I would have moved.

I can see your point over this ...but if you push that way the odds are a person is going to lose balance ..was there a need to do anything? The officer you referred to earlier was nearer and he didn’t think so.....lets just hope the guy is ok

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I can see your point over this ...but if you push that way the odds are a person is going to lose balance ..was there a need to do anything? The officer you referred to earlier was nearer and he didn’t think so.....lets just hope the guy is ok

Agreed.

Have a lovely day fella

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Can't argue with that, there really isn't a need to push one old bloke on his own.

I was being facetious earlier, although I think the intent was never to injure the bloke it could've been easily avoided by not doing it in the first place. I still think he must have some sort of restricted movement to go down like that, but I guess that's just old age.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Woman instinctively moves when the cop gropes her, so a few pile in on her with their batons.

[tweet] 1268391718086422528[/tweet]

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Woman instinctively moves when the cop gropes her, so a few pile in on her with their batons.

[tweet] 1268391718086422528[/tweet]

"Women instinctively moves when cop gropes her"
Maybe misleading as the policeman had his arm under hers and placed on her shoulder, she then moves down, his hand then obviously follows her body shape and touches her breast, yes. He then steps back, does he gropes her ? touches her yes, but is it becuase she was wriggling free.

Hard one, it all happens in real time and fast, could he have moved his hand back without touching her, I don't know ive never been in that situation.

Honest question to you, with no malice and I am not arguing, just trying to be impartial.
How do you judge if that is sexual assault fairly, it could ruin a very good policemans life, or it would be justice against a low life dispicable policeman.

It does not disguise the completely over the top response by the rest of the police thugs, utterly outrageous.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe misleading as the policeman had his arm under hers and placed on her shoulder, she then moves down, his hand then obviously follows her body shape and touches her breast, yes. He then steps back, does he gropes her ? touches her yes, but is it becuase she was wriggling free.

Hard one, it all happens in real time and fast, could he have moved his hand back without touching her, I don't know ive never been in that situation.

Honest question to you, with no malice and I am not arguing, just trying to be impartial.
How do you judge if that is sexual assault fairly, it could ruin a very good policemans life, or it would be justice against a low life dispicable policeman.

It does not disguise the completely over the top response by the rest of the police thugs, utterly outrageous.

I agree it happens very quickly but surely he would have a better grip by keeping his hand on her shoulder, then using his other hand to restrain her right arm. There are nerves in the shoulder which can be squeezed to cause pain and render her left arm almost useless.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Trump's language about the need for police and the military / National Guard to "dominate the streets" is not helpful.

It all feels a bit like the Miner's Strike of 1984-85 when UK police were given a green light to kick off with impunity.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Trump's language about the need for police and the military / National Guard to "dominate the streets" is not helpful.

It all feels a bit like the Miner's Strike of 1984-85 when UK police were given a green light to kick off with impunity.

Not comparable for me, in America, cities are burning, more than a dozen people murdered (retired black cop David Dorn was murdered by looters - did his life matter?) in riots and protests countless injured and millions of pounds worth of property damage and theft. Just let it run? Let the civilians defend themselves?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Not comparable for me, in America, cities are burning, more than a dozen people murdered (retired black cop David Dorn was murdered by looters - did his life matter?) in riots and protests countless injured and millions of pounds worth of property damage and theft. Just let it run? Let the civilians defend themselves?

Is it out of control? To certain extent it is, but this is almost entirely down to trumps competence. He raises the level of ****wittery to level never seen before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He speaks so much sense. Sense just gets drowned out in the mass hysteria though.

He also happily glosses over the MAIN point – the trigger for everything that is going on – which is the death of George Floyd. A man who was dismissed by this guy as 'a bit of a wrong'un so I don't have much sympathy for him'.

IMO, videos such as that do NOTHING to help solve the problems that exist. Merely pointing out that looting is wrong and killing people isn't the way to get justice (no shit, Sherlock!) isn't constructive. It's just fuelling the feeling of hate and unjustness that is within the people who are protesting/rioting. It a continuation of the division of neighbourhoods, communities and cities. Before you ask, no, I don't know what the answer is, either. But whatever anyone has tried in the past clearly hasn't worked.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Pretty over the top whacking her with sticks for wriggling free.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
darkwolf666;9367370[B said:
]Savagely attacked is a little strong. He was pushed hard from the back[/B], which made him fall over. The rest is unfortunate history!

This gentleman wasn't savagely attacked either, but clearly pushed hard enough to knock him off his feet and strike his head hard enough to cause a bleed, which the police officers saw and ignored to start with. I believe those that came to his aid were from the National Guard...

You are right, I'm mixing up my cases. I clearly remember seeing some grainy footage of a protest and there a squad of police in full riot gear with the shields and batons drawn. Someone walks diagonally across these police officers and away from them but one copper takes a couple of steps out from the rank and strikes the person down with his baton from behind, that was the savage attack I confused with the assault on Ian Tomlinson.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
He also happily glosses over the MAIN point – the trigger for everything that is going on – which is the death of George Floyd. A man who was dismissed by this guy as 'a bit of a wrong'un so I don't have much sympathy for him'.

IMO, videos such as that do NOTHING to help solve the problems that exist. Merely pointing out that looting is wrong and killing people isn't the way to get justice (no shit, Sherlock!) isn't constructive. It's just fuelling the feeling of hate and unjustness that is within the people who are protesting/rioting. It a continuation of the division of neighbourhoods, communities and cities. Before you ask, no, I don't know what the answer is, either. But whatever anyone has tried in the past clearly hasn't worked.

The thing that resonates with me is that BLM are so selective with their outrage. Floyd shouldn't have died. However, .He also was culpable to an extent otherwise the Police wouldn't have apprehended him in the first place. David Dorn's murder went virtually unnoticed. His death was swept away because he wasn't murdered by a cop. Either all Black Lives Matter of they dont. Why is the guy who died trying to protect a store from looters fair game?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The thing that resonates with me is that BLM are so selective with their outrage. Floyd shouldn't have died. However, .He also was culpable to an extent otherwise the Police wouldn't have apprehended him in the first place. David Dorn's murder went virtually unnoticed. His death was swept away because he wasn't murdered by a cop. Either all Black Lives Matter of they dont. Why is the guy who died trying to protect a store from looters fair game?

Let's break this apart a little:

Firstly, no-one has suggested that anyone dying as a result of the riots/looting is 'fair game' and isn't a tragedy. Secondly, There was no issue with the fact that Floyd may have been rightly apprehended, but the issues are that a) he was held with utterly needless levels of restaint to the extent that. He. Died. Additionally, people have shared since cases whereby they have committed the same crime (whether intentionally or not) and have got away with far less, with the main difference being that they are white men and Floyd was a Black man.
Thirdly, Dorn's death was still reported by the media, however the circumstances surrounding it aren't comparable to the death of Floyd, or even the death of Ahmaud Arbery so the outpouring of anger will always be different. That's not to say that it was any less needless or tragic before that old trope is trotted out.

The fact is, the death of Floyd was entirely avoidable and was down to nothing but the needless restraint by an officer in a police force known for being corrupt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here