Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Whattaboutery is the new way to expose blatant hypocrites. it's what they cry when exposed.

Original article.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/16/business/elon-musk-ventilators-coronavirus/index.html

I believe I said in my original post that CNN didn't even spend 5 minutes fact checking.

He said he'd provide 1000 ventilators. He did that. CNN has doubled down by trying to shit on his contributions by stating they aren't the kind "they" thought should be delivered.

No doubt some blame lies with Tesla for not returning CNNs call. But even if they don't, that doesn't mean your reporter doesn't then go and fact check before they print false information.

Here's a great resource for finding out if those providing who you get your news from should be trusted.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

What you have posted evidence for here is that CNN's source may have got it wrong that there ventilators weren't delivered (to me the most likely cause if this was a mix up with the types of ventilators).

What you have failed to prove here is that CNN have "flat out lied".

I can see why you were reluctant to post your evidence.

FWIW the reason I was loathed to accept your point in the first place is that your own bias against all things left and notably CNN comes across in your posts loud and clear.

Anyway I am out, if want to believe that CNN 'flat out lied' so be it but you have failed to convince me that this is the case.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The way Trump triggers supposed grown men is amazingly entertaining. It's like a giant man baby triggering another group of man babies.

Thanks for your normal weak snipe contribution though by the way. It's all you contribute.

People like Glenn Greenwald would destroy you in a debate which is the funniest thing, yet that's whose views I've posted often. You keep on pretending you're owning people there champ :lolol:

You don't have a shred of credibility on here, and I suspect, a lot of other places.

And I'm just enjoying the owning from the sidelines chump, it's fairly entertaining.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd never heard of this guy previously but have now subscribed to the YouTube channel. If you haven't already fully recommend you watch some of the other videos, where they basically interview Trump supporters in various situations and give them enough rope to be able to make absolute idiots of themselves. It's outstanding satire and I can't think of any equivalent British comedians doing the same at the moment, even though there'd be plenty of material out there as indicated by some of the Brexit vox pops done over the past 4 years and some of the callers to James O'Brian.
Jordan is/was a Daily Show correspondent.

That should be your go to place for incisive political comedy.
Obviously John Oliver is the award winning gold standard graduate of the show.

But along with Jordan you've also got the likes of Samantha B, her husband who's name escapes me (he's nuts and very funny), Stephen Colbert, Rob Riggle, although I don't know if he's doing any political stuff ATM.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Jordan is/was a Daily Show correspondent.

That should be your go to place for incisive political comedy.
Obviously John Oliver is the award winning gold standard graduate of the show.

But along with Jordan you've also got the likes of Samantha B, her husband who's name escapes me (he's nuts and very funny), Stephen Colbert, Rob Riggle, although I don't know if he's doing any political stuff ATM.

Fake News !

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree. It was a fairy uneventful press conference by recent standards.

I heard a political commentator on the radio yesterday say that they believe Trump is becoming deeply bored of the whole Covid-19 issue and he didnt run for President to end up dealing with a pandemic. Trump's attention span on subjects other than himself is notoriously low so there is probably some truth in this.

It is interesting to see the increasing level of alarm that some States are re-opening already because of a lack of adequate social or welfare provision. I fear this thing is going to rip through those States (and neighbouring States) in a way that just shouldn't be allowed in the developed world.

I have no idea if it is, but What if those states are correct In what they are doing?

Things become interesting then.

What is annoying me is the press wanting it to fail.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
[tweet]1252870171422715907[/tweet]

"Sacrifice the weak"
More of Trump's finest.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[tweet]1252870171422715907[/tweet]

"Sacrifice the weak"
More of Trump's finest.

I think this must be the lowest anyone can go surely ? Does this person not have elderly family members and does he/she think that the virus only affects " other" people. Absolutely shameful.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Completely agree. But describing the USA as part of "the developed world" is definitely pushing it a bit when it comes to healthcare. Or rather, it is developed to make money rather than save lives.

View attachment 122625

It's genuinely a disgrace, I have this conversation over here all the time. People hear what I would get in the UK and are just blown away, they use the old tax bullshit and I show them they're wrong there too and they just kind of short circuit. What blows my mind the most is that healthcare not being a right for everyone is a surprisingly widely spread issue with support from all sides, you of course have all the nutjobs like those in the pics at the protests thinking poor people should die. It's the amount of people I know personally who consider themselves 'liberal progressives' that are adamantly against an NHS type system, it's bizarre and almost like they're all brainwashed. How can you consider yourself progressive if you think poor people should die? I don't understand.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I agree. It was a fairy uneventful press conference by recent standards.

I heard a political commentator on the radio yesterday say that they believe Trump is becoming deeply bored of the whole Covid-19 issue and he didnt run for President to end up dealing with a pandemic. Trump's attention span on subjects other than himself is notoriously low so there is probably some truth in this.

It is interesting to see the increasing level of alarm that some States are re-opening already because of a lack of adequate social or welfare provision. I fear this thing is going to rip through those States (and neighbouring States) in a way that just shouldn't be allowed in the developed world.
If they re-open a lot of business and amenities too soon this virus could well spread like wildfire unknowingly until there is an explosion of cases, and it will be too late to stop it ! Health services will be completely overwhelmed..... I suggest we ban any immigration/ travel from the US immediately !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's genuinely a disgrace, I have this conversation over here all the time. People hear what I would get in the UK and are just blown away, they use the old tax bullshit and I show them they're wrong there too and they just kind of short circuit. What blows my mind the most is that healthcare not being a right for everyone is a surprisingly widely spread issue with support from all sides, you of course have all the nutjobs like those in the pics at the protests thinking poor people should die. It's the amount of people I know personally who consider themselves 'liberal progressives' that are adamantly against an NHS type system, it's bizarre and almost like they're all brainwashed. How can you consider yourself progressive if you think poor people should die? I don't understand.

You can't change their system of healthcare or gun ownership, they will never accept it, it's sad but just one of those things.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I guess it just goes to show how much of a product we are of our environment. Things we grow up with seem normal and right, so anything that deviates from that can be hard to understand, let alone fairly judge and accept.

Saying that, I know plenty of Americans who are in favour of nationalised health care. But then those are the ones that have left their bubble to live abroad.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
"The FBI are scum. They're human scum." :mad:

He's rattled tonight. Good questions from the White House press lobby.

He actually said this about his own Federal Bureau of Investigation?!? Wow. I'd like to think that there are people within that organisation actively working to depose this despotic dictator. The man is so stupid and literally every word, sentence or statement that spews from his mouth makes no sense whatsoever.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have no idea if it is, but What if those states are correct In what they are doing?

If those states are proved correct and the scientists (including Dr Birx and Dr Fauci) wrong, I'm sure almost everyone would be pleased that no lives have been unnecessarily lost. At the same time saving economic livelihoods and reducing mental health issues.

But those Republican governors are playing with real lives, based on no credible science.

The final tally will never be clear. Trump will slyly say that fewer people died in Georgia than NYC as spurious proof that it worked, even if the Georgia death toll accelerates in a few weeks time. Plus their citizens will be infecting the unknowing in neighbouring states.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Look around the world at what has happened, more lockdowns have been extended than lockdowns partially lifted. The US came late to the lockdown party but seems to think that a short term lockdown is all it needs to do..... sadly the death toll will rack up, it's pretty obvious.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
You can't change their system of healthcare or gun ownership, they will never accept it, it's sad but just one of those things.

Sadly this is true. The pro-gun people rattle on about their constitutional rights under the second amendment and "the right to bear arms" etc which is something laid down in 1791 !! You know what America, have you ever considered amending something that is over 200 years old, out of date and not fit for purpose? Its called progress you thick twats.

It would be like us in the UK sticking to something in the UKs 1689 Bill of rights (Something the yanks used to make up their own constitution!). I don't know, something like -That the Subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their Defence suitable to their Conditions and as allowed by Law Unlike the septics we changed our laws accordingly to suit the times we lived in. They really are a largely stupid race of people.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I saw one of the states that is planning to reopen – Georgia, possibly – currently has an increasing number of cases. With that in mind, I'm not sure I can find any positive case for it to be 'liberated', as Trumpo would say...

And I'm not sure that the press actually want it to fail, they just don't agree with it and are wary of the move, especially given that the president set out guidelines completely contradicting it a few days before and then suddenly went against his own measured and encouraged the protesters. Absolutely bonkers. :shrug:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Donny has now threatened to shoot down Iranian gunboats. Damn those pesky flying gunboats.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sadly this is true. The pro-gun people rattle on about their constitutional rights under the second amendment and "the right to bear arms" etc which is something laid down in 1791 !! You know what America, have you ever considered amending something that is over 200 years old, out of date and not fit for purpose? Its called progress you thick twats.

It would be like us in the UK sticking to something in the UKs 1689 Bill of rights (Something the yanks used to make up their own constitution!). I don't know, something like -That the Subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their Defence suitable to their Conditions and as allowed by Law Unlike the septics we changed our laws accordingly to suit the times we lived in. They really are a largely stupid race of people.

I love The States and like the Yanks I've met. It's a diverse nation, I wouldn't want to lump the many good people, with the rednecks, racists and thick (unfortunately they have huge voting power too).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Look around the world at what has happened, more lockdowns have been extended than lockdowns partially lifted. The US came late to the lockdown party but seems to think that a short term lockdown is all it needs to do..... sadly the death toll will rack up, it's pretty obvious.

I’d like to reconfirm I don’t agree with it, I get why workers are wanting to - they have no money coming in which is why I think calling some idiots (not that you have)is unfair.

The USA was always going to get bored of it, as soon as it was out of control it was done, they will open up.

My point (badly out) was if it turns out that they plateau still in a couple of weeks that will become interesting as it backs up Swedens approach.

The death toll is going to go up either way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here