Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More than 21 million Americans have lost their jobs in the past four weeks, new figures show. It is by far the worst run of job losses on record.

According to the latest figures from the Department of Labour, new unemployment claims reached 5.25 million in the week ending 11 April.

The previous week saw 6.6 million applications.

Much of the US population is under some form of lockdown because of the coronavirus pandemic, bringing the US economy to a virtual halt and forcing businesses big and small to lay off employees.

There are projections that the unemployment rate could reach 20% this month.

The US has almost 640,000 confirmed cases of the virus, and 30,985 people have died, according to Johns Hopkins University.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They are more numbed to death in the US.

From constant wars, to crime, to drugs etc a pandemic probably seems just another way for people to die in the scheme of things.

US Presidents have been rah rahing the people for a long time now. It's how they have been getting away with sending so many young men off to their deaths in foreign lands for so long with zero purpose for doing so.
Agreed. Although the purpose is perpetual war and big profits for a few.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Agreed. Although the purpose is perpetual war and big profits for a few.

Which is why Trump was viewed as problematic when coming into office.

He's an over inflated real estate agent when you boil it all down. So not really the warmongering nature career politicians have.

The Democrats said Trump was the most dangerous man in the world. Then they approved enormous sums of money for military spending under him.

A strange thing to do if they believed what they said.

As you said, they did it to perpetuate more war and line the pockets of all those Politicians that have their snouts in the military industrial complex.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Their death rates per head of capita are worse than the US.

I think the approach they've taken over here is very hard to judge until this is all over with. On the face of it, I'm a bit uncomfortable with it being left up to the population to take responsibility. But given that schools, pubs, shops are functioning as normal (ISH) and the death rate isn't actually that bad, I think we're in a very good position to get out of this. I struggle to see how countries will make the transition out of lockdown without doing what we're already doing.

About 30% of all of the 1300 deaths so far have been in old people's homes which have been on effective lockdown anyway.

I wouldn't call it a failure yet... but it's certainly weird being the only ones on this side of the fence.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've not watched one of these Trump press conferences "live" before - the man talks gibberish, he barely finishes a sentence, and just keeps using words like beautiful, great, so good, etc... the man is a dangerous moron!

There was a week or two in the beginning when he had finally acknowledged the existence of a virus where it seemed he would step up and act as a at least reasonably functioning individual, but then he lost it again and now he is more sick (literally mentally ill) and crazy then ever before. You'd think the CIA or similar "defender of national security" would contemplate putting a bullet in his head at this point (unless they like the chaos, you never know).

He is bizarre beyond belief. Your Boris fella is looking the height of mankind in comparison.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There was a week or two in the beginning when he had finally acknowledged the existence of a virus where it seemed he would step up and act as a at least reasonably functioning individual, but then he lost it again and now he is more sick (literally mentally ill) and crazy then ever before. You'd think the CIA or similar "defender of national security" would contemplate putting a bullet in his head at this point (unless they like the chaos, you never know).

He is bizarre beyond belief. Your Boris fella is looking the height of mankind in comparison.

I love Trumps hand movements, like he's carrying half a dozen bricks side by side. As for Johnson, he has made his expected gaffes and cock ups but he's has been kept out of the limelight away from doing or saying anything too stupid for the last 3 weeks or so. Hancock, Raab and Sunak have been fronting up and answering the difficult questions that need answers rather than latin quips and quotes.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Trump is going to blow his top now that some states are starting to announce lockdown extensions.

There must be a meltdown coming [emoji38]ol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Didn’t he say last night something about a special announcement today?

“I can announce that the war against this Chainese Virus, this dreadful virus, has been won. Thanks to all our wonderful ventilators (the best in the world), all the good guys at Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson, all the good guys at the Army Corp Of Engineers (true heroes, my friends), VP Mike Pence, the wonderful hospital ships moored on the Hudson, and my good friend KKK Grand Wizard David Duke.

Here’s the evidence. Dr Fauci, please can we see Slide 1.

65B616A0-C9B0-4246-9330-11194A0E5338.png

And Slide 2.

32DA3CE5-2EBF-4F6D-9188-51C3EB63C722.png

This one’s more tricky for me, I’m sure Dr Fauci will explain”

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What will be interesting is if the states refuse to open up, but he opens the boarders....

Regarding borders, Trump grandstanded about deploying troops on the Canadian border in the fight against covid-19 (sparking words from Trudeau who wanted it to remain demilitarised). Keeping those stinky Canadians out.

Ironically, Canada’s fared far better.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Regarding borders, Trump grandstanded about deploying troops on the Canadian border in the fight against covid-19 (sparking words from Trudeau who wanted it to remain demilitarised). Keeping those stinky Canadians out.

Ironically, Canada’s fared far better.

I thought that at the time, there were already many more cases in the US when he did it so it was utterly pointless !....Trump also made a big thing about a US Coastguard intercept of a big load of cocaine... he mumbled something about fighting the war on illegal drugs....sadly, his own supporters are buying the stuff !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought that at the time, there were already many more cases in the US when he did it so it was utterly pointless !....Trump also made a big thing about a US Coastguard intercept of a big load of cocaine... he mumbled something about fighting the war on illegal drugs....sadly, his own supporters are buying the stuff !

The same here.

Classic Nationalism, a vote winner with Rednecks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here