Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The WHO is part of the United Nations. The United Nations does not recognise Taiwan as an independent state.
So? The United Nations doesn't recognise England as an independent state, but do you think the WHO would refuse to comment on discussions on how England have dealt with the coronavirus? Or how about how New York has handled it? Or pick any other region, which wouldn't offend China.

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
The WHO, is corrupt beyond beleif. this has nothing to do with Trump who is playing catch up or Tiawan. There is enough stand alone evidence like altering the definition of pandemic twice, altering the name of the Wu Flu. Saying it had no evidence of airborne transmission when there was and not calling for airports to close flights to and from hot zones. This is before you get to Tedros's form for cosying up to China and covering up outbreaks in Ethopia..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why does that mean the WHO deliberately misled people?
I don't believe the information that's come out of China about the number of cases and number of deaths. They also lied about the virus being able to pass from human to human. The WHO sent a team to investigate, and backed up everything that China said. I don't think it's plausible that the WHO scientists believed all of the information coming out of China, yet they chose to say that they did.

I agree, indicative of China's global sway. How do you suggest fixing it?
Apply pressure to have an independent investigation into why the WHO have acted as they have. Press them on why they won't discuss things that happen in Taiwan and make them change. We're not asking them to recognise Taiwan as a country, but their duty is to protect the health of the world's population, not to keep Chinese authorities sweet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is anyone getting the uneasy feeling that the Brexit thread is beginning to loom large here?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is anyone getting the uneasy feeling that the Brexit thread is beginning to loom large here?

Yes... lets leave the corrupt, lying bullying WHO, we are an island, we won't let anyone in and we will be fine ! ps, how much money can we give to the NHS if we refuse to fund the WHO ?

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think Fauci is safe , for now ! the moment Trump decides the crisis is over and under control he will be got rid of.

He bought himself some time night before last (I think it was!) when he kissed Trumps arse and said that everything "Mr President" had done was right and due to the advice of experts.

He'd obviously been told to get up there and chuck himself under the bus.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes... lets leave the corrupt, lying bulling WHO, we are an island, we won't let anyone in and we will be fine ! ps, how much money can we give to the NHS if we refuse to fund the WHO ?

Imagine what the NHS could do with ANOTHER extra £350m a week?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He bought himself some time night before last (I think it was!) when he kissed Trumps arse and said that everything "Mr President" had done was right and due to the advice of experts.

He will be quietly removed when the time is right for Trump.....

There's an old analogy I recall. There is a flood and as the waters rise and there is less dry land, there, on a little hillock is a Fox... as the water rises he moves to the top of the hillock and he notices a Scorpion there already... the Scorpion says " can you swim to that bigger hillock 200 yards away and take me on your back ? " the Fox replies " No, why should I trust you anyway as I know you will sting me ? "... the Scorpion say " No, I won't sting you, I will stand on your back and guide you to the island " …

The hillock is nearly under water and the Fox says " Ok, then " " Jump up on my back and we'll swim for it " …. half way across to the bigger island the Fox feels a stabbing pain in his back.. the Scorpion has stung him.... " Why did you do that ? why did you sting me ? now we will both drown you fool " The Scorpion says " I'm a Scorpion.... it's what I do " .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

That was sad to see, Fauci fell in line, he has no pride.

But genuinely for the American people, I’m glad he still has power. Without him, Trump’s the sort of cnt who’d appoint a right-wing pseudo scientist peddling medicines that don’t work.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

There's an old analogy I recall. There is a flood and as the waters rise and there is less dry land, there, on a little hillock is a Fox... as the water rises he moves to the top of the hillock and he notices a Scorpion there already... the Scorpion says " can you swim to that bigger hillock 200 yards away and take me on your back ? " the Fox replies " No, why should I trust you anyway as I know you will sting me ? "... the Scorpion say " No, I won't sting you, I will stand on your back and guide you to the island " …

The hillock is nearly under water and the Fox says " Ok, then " " Jump up on my back and we'll swim for it " …. half way across to the bigger island the Fox feels a stabbing pain in his back.. the Scorpion has stung him.... " Why did you do that ? why did you sting me ? now we will both drown you fool " The Scorpion says " I'm a Scorpion.... it's what I do " .

I always thought it was a frog. But it's a good one anyway.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

But genuinely for the American people, I’m glad he still has power. Without him, Trump’s the sort of cnt who’d appoint a right-wing pseudo scientist peddling medicines that don’t work.

Yes it was uncomfortable to watch. But from what I've seen of him he's a genuine guy and he probably did it to make sure that (completely plausible) scenario didn't happen.

He'll know that at some point soon he'll be toast (as vegster says) but he's trying to do his best.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I heard the story as it being a Fox , but a Frog seems much more plausible.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

I supect he has plenty of pride, but he is a hugely respected expert in his field and his personal pride is outweighed by his desire to use the expertise he has, and the influence he can wield for the geater good - and he does not want the (highly likely) scenario that you outline to become reality. To avoid that, and in the situation he found himself in, he was prepared to sacrifice his own dignity for the greater good. I suspect there were a good number of people he trusted also telling him to kiss some trump backside for the greater good.

Compare that to Trump, who very clearly will always put his personal pride and fragile ego ahead of the lives of tens of thousands of people.

Who is the better person? Who will history judge more favourably?

There's a lesson here and I will be interested to see which way our own politicians go. They will need to swallow a lot of pride, and overcome some long held personal convictions, if they are going to steer us out of this mess successfully.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I supect he has plenty of pride, but he is a hugely respected expert in his field and his personal pride is outweighed by his desire to use the expertise he has, and the influence he can wield for the geater good - and he does not want the (highly likely) scenario that you outline to become reality. To avoid that, and in the situation he found himself in, he was prepared to sacrifice his own dignity for the greater good. I suspect there were a good number of people he trusted also telling him to kiss some trump backside for the greater good.

Compare that to Trump, who very clearly will always put his personal pride and fragile ego ahead of the lives of tens of thousands of people.

Who is the better person? Who will history judge more favourably?

There's a lesson here and I will be interested to see which way our own politicians go. They will need to swallow a lot of pride, and overcome some long held personal convictions, if they are going to steer us out of this mess successfully.

Not even a question. Trump will be judged as a nasty piece of work who tore up the Paris Climate agreement, amongst many other sins.

Dr Fauci's autobio one day will reveal all.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So? The United Nations doesn't recognise England as an independent state, but do you think the WHO would refuse to comment on discussions on how England have dealt with the coronavirus? Or how about how New York has handled it? Or pick any other region, which wouldn't offend China.

There is no English Government, there is the UK Government which acts on behalf of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is no English Government, there is the UK Government which acts on behalf of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
No shit. Who said there was an English government? What are you talking about?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I was beginning to think it was a slightly altered version of The Gingerbread Man :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here