Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Did you actually listen to it?

Yes, but it does not really hit the nail on the head. there needs to be a simplistic summation of what Trump did that was wrong and against the edicts of the constitution. We all know he's unfit for office and has effectively broken the law and obstructed it, we know a multitude of his lawyers, advisors and people he has appointed have either been jailed, sacked or are undergoing investigation.... but, nothing sticks ! He needs to be nailed on a simple, obvious misdemeanour, it needs to be couched in terms that the average American can understand and then feel outraged at or, he slips the net again and the world edges nearer to a catastrophe.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Yes, but it does not really hit the nail on the head. there needs to be a simplistic summation of what Trump did that was wrong and against the edicts of the constitution. We all know he's unfit for office and has effectively broken the law and obstructed it, we know a multitude of his lawyers, advisors and people he has appointed have either been jailed, sacked or are undergoing investigation.... but, nothing sticks ! He needs to be nailed on a simple, obvious misdemeanour, it needs to be couched in terms that the average American can understand and then feel outraged at or, he slips the net again and the world edges nearer to a catastrophe.

Not what a lot of the comments on YouTube are saying

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not what a lot of the comments on YouTube are saying

Sadly, I think he is going to get away with it, despite the best efforts of the last few days. We live in a time where nothing Trump says or does seems accountable before common sense and legality.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The logo for his "Space Force" looks rather familiar:

[tweet]1220821545746141187[/tweet]

latest

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
... but, nothing sticks ! He needs to be nailed on a simple, obvious misdemeanour....i

Failure to observebest security practices while running an e-mall server should do the trick.

It's worked once before.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Sadly, I think he is going to get away with it, despite the best efforts of the last few days. We live in a time where nothing Trump says or does seems accountable before common sense and legality.

I can see four things, maybe five, that would cook his goose politically, and cause his base to reject him.

1.) signing some kind of comprehensive gun control legislation, e.g. a renewed Clinton-era assault weapons ban.
2.) signing some kind of comprehensive immigration reform legislation, with e.g. a path towards ultimate citizenship for long-standing undocumented aliens
3.) some sort of high-level engagement with members of colored communities subject to police violence, like a White House summit with the leaders of Black Lives Matter
4.) support for either a constitutional amendment, or an amendment to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, adding sexual orientation to the present list of protected categories like race, religion, and national origin.
5.) host a drag queen story hour at the White House.

Anything else, it won't matter. So long has he is seen to, or can plausibly be said to, be getting the Mexicans, getting the uppity colored folk, getting those damned castrating women, getting thiose goddam ******s. getting those damn liberals, he can do anything -- sell New Jersey to Putin, back a white van up to the Treaury. put the staff of the Washington Post in Gitmo -- and it wouldn't move the needle.

Doesn't actually have to do any of that, mind you. Just make the right noises, make colorable threats...

People didin't vote for him based on what he'd actually do, or be able to do. They voted for who he is, as a performative gesture.

"He hates the same people I hate -- hand me the goddamn ballot."

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Nice closing argument by Adam Schiff

He is spot on.

Sadly i think that what this impeachment trial is going to prove is that crony capitalism and sorting out your self and your mates is far more important that right or truth.

This is the world we live in, until we decide to demand something different.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He is spot on.

Sadly i think that what this impeachment trial is going to prove is that crony capitalism and sorting out your self and your mates is far more important that right or truth.

This is the world we live in, until we decide to demand something different.

Wasn't that obvious already simply by looking at the Bidens?

When there's an actual video of Biden bragging about quid pro quo and zero happened in that case why would this massively flawed case have even be worthy of getting to this point?

Schiff was so woeful in how he handled it in the house it should never have even been sent to the senate.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

When there's an actual video of Biden bragging about quid pro quo and zero happened in that case why would this massively flawed case have even be worthy of getting to this point?

Schiff was so woeful in how he handled it in the house it should never have even been sent to the senate.

I am not suggesting for a moment that this is an isolated incident. Whataboutery like this can fling back and forth between the blue and red teams until our dying days. All it is really doing is excusing each and both to carry on their shitty ways.

Like I said, This is the world we live in, until we decide to demand something different.

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Going against an idiot who praises Americans who fought over airports in 1776 and who thinks Americans invented the wheel no less, should be a no brainer. Americans are funny.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

You're not stupid Tyrone. You know that there is a big difference between asking a foreign power to do something for the benefit of your country and asking them to do something for the benefit of yourself. One is international relations, the other is corruption and potential treason.

What Biden did was to the benefit of the USA as perceived by, and advertised as the policy of, the elected government of that time. What Trump did was in direct opposition to current US government policy, but was to the benefit of Trump personally.

Continued repetition of such an obvious false equivalency weakens your argument.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You're not stupid Tyrone. You know that there is a big difference between asking a foreign power to do something for the benefit of your country and asking them to do something for the benefit of yourself. One is international relations, the other is corruption and potential treason.

What Biden did was to the benefit of the USA as perceived by, and advertised as the policy of, the elected government of that time. What Trump did was in direct opposition to current US government policy, but was to the benefit of Trump personally.

Continued repetition of such an obvious false equivalency weakens your argument.

What you're actually railing against if what you believe Trump did was true is you're against exposing corrupt Politicians like Biden. That's it.

So this impeachment started off on a "quid pro quo" to expose corruption apparently.

You see the problem with that line is that Biden hadn't declared he was running. So Trump if you believe the Democrats was asking for assistance into investigating a politician, not a Presidential nominee. A highly corrupt one at that.

So Trump really doesn't benefit how people seem to think he would have.

Compare that to the Steele Dossier paid for by the Clintons and the true story isn't where people think it is.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
What you're actually railing against if what you believe Trump did was true is you're against exposing corrupt Politicians like Biden. That's it.

So this impeachment started off on a "quid pro quo" to expose corruption apparently.

You see the problem with that line is that Biden hadn't declared he was running. So Trump if you believe the Democrats was asking for assistance into investigating a politician, not a Presidential nominee. A highly corrupt one at that.

Compare that to the Steele Dossier paid for by the Clintons and the true story isn't where people think it is.

I'm not railing against anything, just applying Occam's razor. By all means support him because you agree with his policies, but he is quite obviously a hopeless liar. All his supporters know that, but seem to force themselves into areas of madness to pretend it's not true. It would be far more honourable to say 'He's a liar and a cheat, but we want a liar and a cheat in charge because it suits our ends, but then that kind of honesty is what got Machiavelli demonised.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Have I missed something? I thought it was Trump who was being impeached and not Biden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Have I missed something? I thought it was Trump who was being impeached and not Biden.

The ultimate weapon in the Trump/Fox News defence strategy. If you have nothing else and you are caught holding the bag deflect, deflect, deflect from your own actions by always pointing at someone else's actions even when they are petty compared to your own actions.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
This really smacks of one rule for one another rule for another?

Trump is no angel, far from it, but almost every US President has had a dark side, why pick on Donald?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here