Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
You are missing out since 2011 destroying Libya and being a partner with extreme Islam to overthrow Assad that has led to the destruction of Syria as well. Trump supporters saw the US regime digging another hole for itself.

You do know what the demographic of what a "Trump Supporter" here in the States actually is, right?

Mostly they are white males, aged 40 to 65, gun supporting, non college educated, untraveled, middle American, chest thumping males. Middle aged white men who are not college graduates are his primary demographic. White people without a college education comprise around 44% of this country's population, and that group as a whole is mostly voting Trump.

Not exactly a group of voters who fully understand how the world works outside of their 20 mile radius of hunting grounds. They are easily led by someone that speaks their language, I would not put their resume on world events up as evidence as a form of argument.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Time to move on and let Trump carry on doing his job helping the American people. He was right to fire Comedy for leaking his conversations about Flyn tho.

Now we get back to policy thank goodness.

Stick your fingers in your ears and go ding a ling a ling and all your problems will disappear!!!!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Christ I'd forgotten I was glued to this less than 24 hours ago. Politics is INSANE right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not exactly a group of voters who fully understand how the world works outside of their 20 mile radius of hunting grounds.They are easily led by someone that speaks their language, I would not put their resume on world events up as evidence as a form of argument.

You could say that about the 97% of blacks that blindly vote for the Democrats every election.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Time to move on and let Trump carry on doing his job helping the American people. He was right to fire Comedy for leaking his conversations about Flyn tho.

Now we get back to policy thank goodness.

Yay! [MENTION=35623]deena_gold[/MENTION] is back!

Did you see that apparently the club is open to offers for Ollie Norwood? What do you make of that? I'd have thought his passing would be an asset in the Prem.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yay! [MENTION=35623]deena_gold[/MENTION] is back!

Did you see that apparently the club is open to offers for Ollie Norwood? What do you make of that? I'd have thought his passing would be an asset in the Prem.
Ha! I see you deliberately misspelt Nortwood as Norwood.

I wonder what deena thinks of Nortwood's chances ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yeah, it will be a Russian thing, as everybody in the UK believes that Trump is a true statesman, and should be respected, and applauded.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You do know what the demographic of what a "Trump Supporter" here in the States actually is, right?

Mostly they are white males, aged 40 to 65, gun supporting, non college educated, untraveled, middle American, chest thumping males. Middle aged white men who are not college graduates are his primary demographic. White people without a college education comprise around 44% of this country's population, and that group as a whole is mostly voting Trump.

Not exactly a group of voters who fully understand how the world works outside of their 20 mile radius of hunting grounds. They are easily led by someone that speaks their language, I would not put their resume on world events up as evidence as a form of argument.

So the Trump supporters who you say you associate with are aged 40 to 65, gun supporting, non college educated, untraveled, middle American, chest thumping males?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Ha that is so true, you have just described my wife's dad, and two uncles on her mums side to a T

I must add though, that does not make them horrible people far from it, but they do live in their own little bubble and have no real need to care about the outside world.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
So the Trump supporters who you say you associate with are aged 40 to 65, gun supporting, non college educated, untraveled, middle American, chest thumping males?

Due to the nature of life, work, travel, social events, kids being busy with sports and having an open mind, leads to meeting people and talking openly, that will often bring you in to contact with many different cultures and ways of life...funny that eh?

For example: If I get on a train (should it be running) in Seaford, I can meet and talk to a staunch Tory before getting to Lewes, then spend three stops talking to a Lib Dem before getting to a place of work filled with Labour supporters in Brighton.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Due to the nature of life, work, travel, social events, kids being busy with sports and having an open mind, leads to meeting people and talking openly, that will often bring you in to contact with many different cultures and ways of life...funny that eh?

For example: If I get on a train (should it be running) in Seaford, I can meet and talk to a staunch Tory before getting to Lewes, then spend three stops talking to a Lib Dem before getting to a place of work filled with Labour supporters in Brighton.

Not too sure where you are going but to get back on point you are claiming that the generalised demographic you have provided hasn't got a clue about what is or has been going on in the Middle East and being against regime change and anti involvement in the ME wouldn't have been part of the thought process in voting Trump. But I would argue that it is this demographic who were sent out to the Middle East to fight the Bush Blair war. Is it really fair to call them ignorant when they have been treated like pawns?

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Not too sure where you are going but to get back on point you are claiming that the generalised demographic you have provided hasn't got a clue about what is or has been going on in the Middle East and being against regime change and anti involvement in the ME wouldn't have been part of the thought process in voting Trump. But I would argue that it is this demographic who were sent out to the Middle East to fight the Bush Blair war. Is it really fair to call them ignorant when they have been treated like pawns?

Just answering you previous question sir.

Getting back on point as you say, I disagree that the people fighting the wars are purely based on Trumps demographic, quite the opposite in truth. There is a well respected conservative (Republican) organization call the Heritage Foundation, they did a very interesting survey back in the early 2000's about the demographic breakdown of those who comprise the US Military. It is too long to list on here, but when you have 5 minutes have a read of this report, and remember it is coming from a Republican perspective and an organization that are actively leading the fight against Obamacare.

The demographic sent off to war fit into a very different group than the 44% I stated earlier. They are younger, educated, from homes with higher than average median income and come from many different states with varying political views.

http://www.heritage.org/defense/report/who-are-the-recruits-the-demographic-characteristics-us-military-enlistment-2003

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just answering you previous question sir.

Getting back on point as you say, I disagree that the people fighting the wars are purely based on Trumps demographic, quite the opposite in truth. There is a well respected conservative (Republican) organization call the Heritage Foundation, they did a very interesting survey back in the early 2000's about the demographic breakdown of those who comprise the US Military. It is too long to list on here, but when you have 5 minutes have a read of this report, and remember it is coming from a Republican perspective and an organization that are actively leading the fight against Obamacare.

The demographic sent off to war fit into a very different group than the 44% I stated earlier. They are younger, educated, from homes with higher than average median income and come from many different states with varying political views.

http://www.heritage.org/defense/report/who-are-the-recruits-the-demographic-characteristics-us-military-enlistment-2003

I would rather have your summary of the report. How old were the men of 40 and 60 today fifteen years ago. How many people from the demographic that you belong to have either been killed in action or seriously wounded for the rest of their lives with devastating injuries? It's only the poorest Americans who enroll as infantry. That is the demographic who you say voted Trump in, the ones who the wars have had a direct impact on?

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
You have lost me buddy, we could all post videos of idiots attacking innocent people from all beliefs from multiple rallies over the years.

Any response to my previous answer to your point about the demographics of the military?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You have lost me buddy, we could all post videos of idiots attacking innocent people from all beliefs from multiple rallies over the years.

Any response to my previous answer to your point about the demographics of the military?

This wasn't a collection of random scuffles over years, it was a direct responses to Trump being elected. I have already addressed your previous comment.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
I would rather have your summary of the report. How old were the men of 40 and 60 today fifteen years ago. How many people from the demographic that you belong to have either been killed in action or seriously wounded for the rest of their lives with devastating injuries? It's only the poorest Americans who enroll as infantry. That is the demographic who you say voted Trump in, the ones who the wars have had a direct impact on?

Apologies, I missed the early reply.

If you have the time to trawl for videos, you have the time to read a 15 minute report that will refute your point above.

It appears this is more about you having the last word on the matter than constructive discussion and education. As someone who has lived here for nearly 20 years and is married into a family of multi faith and opposing views on politics I can offer a fair an unbiased view of life here in America, although right now I am more interested in the cluster fudge that is British politics in the last 24 hours. Have a good one, I am out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here