Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump makes the main board but Johnson doesn't.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Maybe you should have edited it - it's You're :wink:

10362811-938F-40C7-8806-88C4DCA0FC88.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
During the Covid epidemic Britain has suffered more than 65,000 Excess deaths.

Image1.jpg

I believe that this is an appalling result, especially considering that we had significant notice from Italy, Spain and France of what was coming and the issues it could cause, together with the fact that we are an Island with complete control over our borders.

I believe this was primarily caused by a lack of focused leadership, with the Government following decisions, on the whole, made by other organisations in the UK (Sporting events, lockdown, testing, quarantine, facemasks) rather than taking a lead and bringing in these measures in a timely and urgent fashion themselves.

It was then exacerbated by further individual issues which I don't believe were handled well (PPE supply, movement of untested patients into care homes, delay in care home testing, publishing of figures for hospitals only, Pure number of tests taking priority over turnaround of tests, Cummings trip, Complete failure of track and trace app).

Now I am sure there are posters on here who do not share my view, so maybe they would like to post with the reasons that they believe the excess deaths to be reasonable or good for a country in the UK's situation.

If we can manage to discuss this without insults etc, maybe we can start to discuss other things which effect the majority of posters here :thumbsup:

(If it starts going bear pit, I'll report it to the mods myself)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's bit like how on the "good news" thread conspiracy theories and anti journalist whining is "good news"

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The Trump thread is a FAKE THREAD!, so it doesn't matter that it's on the main board.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
During the Covid epidemic Britain has suffered more than 65,000 Excess deaths...

Forget the bear pit; I thought the MO was that the only CV-19 stuff supposed to be on the BB is ‘good news’ stories, with the rest being in the CV-19 sub-forum.

‘65k excess deaths’ is a bit of a stretch to call ‘good news’, imo ofc.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Forget the bear pit; I thought the MO was that the only CV-19 stuff supposed to be on the BB is ‘good news’ stories, with the rest being in the CV-19 sub-forum.

‘65k excess deaths’ is a bit of a stretch to call ‘good news’, imo ofc.

I didn't start this as a Covid related thread, (if it lasts, we can move onto other issues) but one that people could have a mature discussion about the British Government, how it is performing and it's effect on NSC posters in general, like we used to able to do. (And why I didn't put it on the good news thread).

(I know - optimistic to say the least :lolol:)

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
If the exact same thread (Trump) was started today and the posts were the same as they are now, it would be Bear pit bound in under 3 pages. I had a look at it a while ago, it was wild. And some pretty unpleasant stuff, particularly the Sandy Hook conspiracy crap. Think Looney was still knocking about. Trump's toxicity today tests even his dumbest nsc supporters.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The poll about The Bear Pit showed a ridiculously huge majority in favour of it.

NSC’s Main Board and new posts had been hijacked by a few highly politicised characters on a mission to turn [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]’s football/general chat ‘baby‘, into their vehicle. From the right and left btw.

For the vast majority, borne out by the poll, that had turned NSC into an always very serious and miserable place. I know some members who gave NSC a swerve for that reason, they’ve since returned.

The Johnson thread can evolve into an amicable place to condemn an evil leader, with absolutely no interest in George Floyd, his corrupt and inept policies fuelling covid.

Corrected for you :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
During the Covid epidemic Britain has suffered more than 65,000 Excess deaths.

View attachment 126131

I believe that this is an appalling result, especially considering that we had significant notice from Italy, Spain and France of what was coming and the issues it could cause, together with the fact that we are an Island with complete control over our borders.

I believe this was primarily caused by a lack of focused leadership, with the Government following decisions, on the whole, made by other organisations in the UK (Sporting events, lockdown, testing, quarantine, facemasks) rather than taking a lead and bringing in these measures in a timely and urgent fashion themselves.

It was then exacerbated by further individual issues which I don't believe were handled well (PPE supply, movement of untested patients into care homes, delay in care home testing, publishing of figures for hospitals only, Pure number of tests taking priority over turnaround of tests, Cummings trip, Complete failure of track and trace app).

Now I am sure there are posters on here who do not share my view, so maybe they would like to post with the reasons that they believe the excess deaths to be reasonable or good for a country in the UK's situation.

If we can manage to discuss this without insults etc, maybe we can start to discuss other things which effect the majority of posters here [emoji106]

Can I summarise? We elected someone utterly unable to lead in a time of global/national crisis. Johnson will spend much of the next 4 years trying to blame anyone but himself for the disastrous series of failings that made us " World Beating " for all the wrong reasons.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Let's try and keep away from one liners (we all know where that ends up).

If you have an opinion, please give it together with a reasonably detailed explanation of the reasons why (so no, you can't summarise :wink:).

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can I summarise? We elected someone utterly unable to lead in a time of global/national crisis. Johnson will spend much of the next 4 years trying to blame anyone but himself for the disastrous series of failings that made us " World Beating " for all the wrong reasons.

Johnson will try and kick any enquiry into the long grass but when it happens there will be nowhere to hide, the facts are well documented now. Johnson has been the wrong man at the wrong time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twDYflcq1ls&t=3s

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd quite like someone who disagrees with my statement on the excess deaths to get a chance to put together a list of reasons why I am mistaken, but that is not going to happen with the type of posts which are currently being made.

A mature, reasoned discussion on the subject maybe :shrug:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'd quite like someone who disagrees with my statement on the excess deaths to get a chance to put together a list of reasons why I am mistaken, but that is not going to happen with the type of posts which are currently being made.

But you’re not mistaken, you’re just fishing [emoji6] You’re lonely in the Bear Pit and want to put yourself on the main stage, it’s all about you after all, right [emoji6]

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Perhaps the thread title doesn't lend itself to people who wish to discuss Covid-19 deaths ?

Maybe post the question in the Covid-19 forum ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Perhaps the thread title doesn't lend itself to people who wish to discuss Covid-19 deaths ?

It's because the thread isn't about Covid, It's about the effect of Government decisions on the country. We still have the Economy, Brexit and corruption to go :lolol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's because the thread isn't about Covid, It's about the effect of Government decisions on the country. We still have the Economy, Brexit and corruption to go [emoji38]ol:
But the thread title suggests that this thread is just going to be a boo-hoo-I-don't-like-the-bear-pit whinge.

Get the mods to change the thread title ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here