Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

True Fans?

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
With tickets for the Boston game so cheap, second ticket to a season ticket holder half price and kids for free the management of BHA have done all that many of the"experts" amongst the supporters have urged them to do for sometime

Even if the Johnson Paint thing is hardly the Champions League the crowd of 1740 was pitiful when we had a chance to back the new Management and a young team.

I won't even bother to mention the ammo this attendance gives to the anti Falmer brigade.

Well the good news is that those who bothered to go had good value and let us hope that Deano can build on the momentum and develop a run in the League.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm sure we got less than that at the Goldstone for the autowindscreens, or am I imaginig it?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
sagaman said:

I won't even bother to mention the ammo this attendance gives to the anti Falmer brigade.

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The kids for free is ok if you live within five minutes of Withdean but on a school night getting home at 10:30 at the earliest is too late IMO

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Gazwag said:
The kids for free is ok if you live within five minutes of Withdean but on a school night getting home at 10:30 at the earliest is too late IMO

What he said.

Mine are 7 and 4. Way too late for them on a school night. Otherwise would have taken them. Shame it wasn't next week during half-term.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
sagaman said:
With tickets for the Boston game so cheap, second ticket to a season ticket holder half price and kids for free the management of BHA have done all that many of the"experts" amongst the supporters have urged them to do for sometime

Even if the Johnson Paint thing is hardly the Champions League the crowd of 1740 was pitiful when we had a chance to back the new Management and a young team.

Well the good news is that those who bothered to go had good value and let us hope that Deano can build on the momentum and develop a run in the League.

What are you? A headmaster or something? :rolleyes:

I see your location is "Brighton"... fancy paying for my fuel for the 200 mile round trip to see Brighton vs Boston in the Johnson's Paint Cup?? :tosser:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: True Fans?

Bry Nylon said:

I see your location is "Brighton"... fancy paying for my fuel for the 200 mile round trip to see Brighton vs Boston in the Johnson's Paint Cup?? :tosser:

Only if it drops below 80p. At the moment being 84.9 (Texaco) it is a tad pricey I am afraid. :jester:

If I didn't pass Withers on the way back from work, I wouldn't have bothered. It is all about circumstances.

It does contrast rather sadly with the 5,000-plus who came to watch a load of unknown Chelsea youth at Withdean.

But there is no point crying about it, we have the fan base we have and they will come back when we are pushing for a play-off place again.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Fair enough Esssex man but Sussex has a poulation of c 1.439m - not that I have been counting!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
sagaman said:
Can't we do that on Saturday instead, in a game that MATTERS ?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
your like the twat that come on the phone in rabbiting on about if we got 2 cardiff/wembley bet we'd take more than 1700

well thats fine if you live in brighton but it's a 41/2 hr drive each way from here at best and i'v got work in the morning!

i was still intending coming logged on last nite expecting 2 by my ticket on line only 2 find you couldn't for this game and as i had a lot 2 get done 2 enable me 2 leave early enough 2 get to the game didn't have the time 2 sit on the phone.

also while your on your high horse sagaman were you at carlisle? supporting the new management team and players?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Re: Re: True Fans?

Bry Nylon said:

And my 450 mile round trip from wales, not even going to say about having to be in work early in the morning either, if i left the withdean straight away i would not be home before 2am at best, (in reality after stopping etc it would be more like3 to 3.30am) its just not possible for us FANS who live away, during the week :down:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Yep, I didn't go, and was in Brighton all evening so no reason I couldn't.

But I simply didn't want to, so call me a 'fake' fan if thats how you feel.

I'll be there on Saturday if that makes it any better. Either way, I'm not bothered.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Not that im trying to justify the low attendance, ( i was not at the game due to prior commitments) what is the capacity of withdean with just the north and south stand?

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
It is a pity that only 1,700 turned up and for that I agree with 'sagaman'.
Unfortunately it is the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and it was hardly going to draw in the crowds was it? As long as Saturday's attendance is improved from the Blackpool and Chesterfield games then i'll be happy as we're better than a 5,000 home attendance.

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
I would have gone... but i am currently at York University and have a lecture at 9:30 tomorrow morning.

However was at Scunthorpe, Will be at Huddersfield and Will also be at Doncaster

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I'm quite clearly a plastic fan, as I had no other excuse other than the fact that we've played them already, it's only the "LDV Vans" and I couldn't be arsed.

Will be there Saturday though, to watch us win 7-0. :blush:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Mickey mouse trophy, lower league team who we've played in the last couple of months, school night.

I think it's a f***ing miracle we got so many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here