Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble in town.

This was the time quoted in the Argus under the "Football Thugs" thread and concurs with the time that I saw four lads getting questioned outside my house on Saturday afternoon.

Was there a meat wagon in street where you live? When I got back home I saw one parked up and a load of coppers talking to some lads.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Haven't posted for a while.

Visit the main board tonight and am drawn to the fact that there are nearly 15,000 views on this thread about an incident over the weekend which in many cities is a common occurence every Saturday night!

Is this board turning into a group of Daily Mail reading Neighbourhood Watch members, that have got nothing better in life to talk about? :lol:

Attachments

• nosy_neighbour (1).jpg
    nosy_neighbour (1).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 614

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Again with the same old comments since the 1970's "nuckle draggers blah blah bring back the birch blah blah nothing to do with the club blah blah". Go and talk to bewildered OAP's in a bus stop they will lap it up.
So a few Brighton lads had a punch up with Aberdeen and Spurs hooligans ( nowhere near any of the windbags on nsc ) just ignore it like the many many other violent crimes that take place in Brighton every weekend and of course every other city.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I appreciate the fact that some blokes like a tear up, but to say it doesn't affect the average football fan is bollocks. It certainly would've impinged on any non-involved Aberdeen fan wanting to sample Brighton nightlife after the game, as they would've found getting into several pubs nigh-on impossible.

It was certainly the case for some friends and I after Southend away where getting into venues was a struggle after the pre match shinanigans on the seafront. We also had the added fun of avoiding a rather pissed off bloke with his nose splayed over most of his face, who was asking anyone who wasn't an old lady if they were 'f***ing Brighton'.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I appreciate the fact that some blokes like a tear up, but to say it doesn't affect the average football fan is bollocks.

Totally agree. Even if they are from your own club.

Aldershot away in the cup - the one we won 1-6, because I happened to go with a mate of mine who supports Aldershot, I was in the pub that was attacked by Brighton.

We managed to get out unscathed and went to another pub, and presumably because I was outside phoning my mate to tell him we'd moved some bloke challenged me to "prove you're Brighton or you'll get a slap" :nono:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Aldershot away in the cup - the one we won 1-6, because I happened to go with a mate of mine who supports Aldershot, I was in the pub that was attacked by Brighton.

We managed to get out unscathed and went to another pub, and presumably because I was outside phoning my mate to tell him we'd moved some bloke challenged me to "prove you're Brighton or you'll get a slap" :nono:

There's pics of that on the net and in some of the hoolies books.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003

It's always 'nice' to be in a pub that's attacked by your own fans :ohmy:

Similar thing happened to me years ago at Reading (i think about 95?) when i was in a pub by the station that got attacked by Brighton fans in fancy dress :nono:

Loads of trouble before and after that particular end of season game, but it's a sobering thought when the windows go in and you think you're going to get 'done' by fellow Albion supporters

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Was there a meat wagon in street where you live? When I got back home I saw one parked up and a load of coppers talking to some lads.

Yep. They had about four of them in my road but the from what I gather they all dispersed and the police aprehended them in several Hanover streets. I reckon the ones in my road were Spurs - didn't recognise any of them as Brighton and there was quite a lot of 80's casual.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
There were no Aberdeen boys involved in the trouble, a few Spurs boys were down for a stag weekend and jumped on the bandwagon, end of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here