Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble in Reading City Centre

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I stayed back after the game to have a few drinks and witnessed what looked like a big kick off in one of the Reading City Centre pubs. Police wre everywhere and some lads were being arrested. I was told that some of our holigan element were involved and asked to leave the area.

Did anyone else witness this or know what happened?

Apparently it kicked off in the Three Guineas pub outside the station during the game, hence why we weren't allowed in for a pint before heading back.

Not sure if it was Albion connected in any way. Can't understand why a load of Brighton 'boys' would travel to another town just to have a scrap. It's not like there wasn't plenty of tickets available for the game.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
most places were shut or wouldnt let bha fans in after game,saw plenty bha numptys b 4 looking like the wernt here to watch the football,and loads of police about after!on another note while i was finishing my half time pint saw at least 10 burberry boys leave from side door followed by the police!!

Last edited:

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
We were sitting in the station bout half 6 when two Reading lads asked were everyone was before swaggerin off. A few minutes later a copper came up to us and advised us to go to the platform as the "Reading boys" come out after the police stand down....and they were just about to reduce their number.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
timseagull said:
We were sitting in the station bout half 6 when two Reading lads asked were everyone was before swaggerin off. A few minutes later a copper came up to us and advised us to go to the platform as the "Reading boys" come out after the police stand down....and they were just about to reduce their number.

Eh ? I've read that 3 times and I still cant understand it ??

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Smart Mart said:
Eh ? I've read that 3 times and I still cant understand it ??

Think he means is that the were told by the police that in the past it was normal for the reading thugs to come out in a larger numbers, after a certain time which coinsided with when police numbers were reduced.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Safeway said:
Apparently it kicked off in the Three Guineas pub outside the station during the game, hence why we weren't allowed in for a pint before heading back.

Not sure if it was Albion connected in any way. Can't understand why a load of Brighton 'boys' would travel to another town just to have a scrap. It's not like there wasn't plenty of tickets available for the game.

I know, but its not about the football for these guys they just want to have a tear-up.

Dont know why they dont just meet up in the middle of a field somewhere on a Thursday night, at least then they wouldnt have the old bill around to stop them knocking ten pounds out of each other. It also wouldnt effect proper fans who simply just want to support their team and go out for a few bevies after the game without any aggravation.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
timseagull said:
Yeah but they only average 40 odd anyway:rolleyes:

You always get trouble around the station area i.e three guineas:)

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Half Time Pies said:
I know, but its not about the football for these guys they just want to have a tear-up.

Dont know why they dont just meet up in the middle of a field somewhere on a Thursday night, at least then they wouldnt have the old bill around to stop them knocking ten pounds out of each other. It also wouldnt effect proper fans who simply just want to support their team and go out for a few bevies after the game without any aggravation.
Yeah but that means travelling back and its work the next day.:lolol:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
in the ground there were 5 blokes that got taken out by police during the first half infront of me.. dunno what that was about though

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This will sound contraversial but to accuse major hooligans of 'not being fans and only interested in a tear up' is way off the mark. They are as much fans as anyone else and many go to fanatical lengths to support their team. What they are however is severely misguided in thinking that the best way to support your team is to kick ten tons of crap out of someone else.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Richie Morris said:
This will sound contraversial but to accuse major hooligans of 'not being fans and only interested in a tear up' is way off the mark. They are as much fans as anyone else and many go to fanatical lengths to support their team. What they are however is severely misguided in thinking that the best way to support your team is to kick ten tons of crap out of someone else.

If thats the case then why (as it appears happened on Saturday) are there often punch ups whilst the game is on? If these were proper fans surley they would be inside the ground cheering on their team not meeting up in pubs for a rumble.

Also when you look at the England football holigans they dont seem to care that there actions could potentially result in 'their team' being kicked out of a major tournament.

Are you seriously suggesting that these are the actions of proper fans?!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not 'proper' fans in the way we define them, but you cannot question the individuals loyalty and passion for their clubs, they just vent this in an inappropriate manner. I would not mind betting that the people involved in trouble during the game at the pub were not the hardcore firms of either team, more hangers on.

Richie Morris said:

If the reports of Brighton 'fans' fighting during the game in the town centre are true, why weren't they at the game if they're as good a supporters as you and I?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here