Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trouble at the game ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Agreed. Absolutely heroic WHU fans for chasing their own thug down. Honestly didn’t think this sort of thing still happened.

Unfortunately there is a very toxic situation at West Ham so it would not surprise me this sort of behaviour, that said, at least some of their fans did the right thing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
An elderly Brighton fan with no colours was the victim of a vicious unprovoked assault by a young WHU fan whilst walking back to Hackney Wick post match. Literally smashed him to the ground and knocked clean out. Assailant was pursued by WHU fans and identified and subsequently arrested, victim attended to by paramedics in the gutter. Assailant has been charged with ABH and WHU Director of Operations has now confirmed the assailant will be banned for life. Shocking scenes.

I saw the aftermath, the chase and they guy lying on the floor. The assailant looked about 20, the victim was elderly. Utterly cowardly to pick on that guy. I’m pleased he’s been nicked.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Remember the thugs way back horrible bunch of fans

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It’s OK. I honestly share developments that I hear, of course in football things develop and change. We did open discussions with Samatta’s agent, they didn’t progress far, we did entertain the option of loaning Duffy out, but his thrombosis scuppered it, and we we did engage on loaning Glenn out, but none of these happened. I honestly don’t mind people having a pop at me, it’s OK, there’s no malice either way, a lot of conversations happen in football that end up going nowhere. That’s life.

Today’s assault on the Albion fan, shocking, best not to assume someone would even consider making something like that up. I saw it happen, it really was very very shocking indeed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s OK. I honestly share developments that I hear, of course in football things develop and change. We did open discussions with Samatta’s agent, they didn’t progress far, we did entertain the option of loaning Duffy out, but his thrombosis scuppered it, and we we did engage on loaning Glenn out, but none of these happened. I honestly don’t mind people having a pop at me, it’s OK, there’s no malice either way, a lot of conversations happen in football that end up going nowhere. That’s life.

Today’s assault on the Albion fan, shocking, best not to assume someone would even consider making something like that up. I saw it happen, it really was very very shocking indeed.

Second paragraph :thumbsup:

First paragraph - many think you’re a Pinocchio. I’m undecided. I was almost hoping that you were proved right about Duffy to kick the proverbial sand at those angry with you.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It’s OK. I honestly have no reason whatsoever to sit at a keyboard and make sh1t up, I don’t have the time to conceive it, you don’t have the time to read it, so just be reassured. I have two exceptional sources that I cannot and will not reveal for obvious reasons, you honestly must please just trust me.

And, for the avoidance of any doubt, I’m safely back home from today’s game now, WHUFC had me chauffeured all the way to my front door, but I’m pretty badly bruised and shaken up.

Yes. I was the elderly victim of the assault. I guess some on here might say I had it coming!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s OK. I honestly have no reason whatsoever to sit at a keyboard and make sh1t up, I don’t have the time to conceive it, you don’t have the time to read it, so just be reassured. I have two exceptional sources that I cannot and will not reveal for obvious reasons, you honestly must please just trust me.

And, for the avoidance of any doubt, I’m safely back home from today’s game now, WHUFC had me chauffeured all the way to my front door, but I’m pretty badly bruised and shaken up.

Yes. I was the elderly victim of the assault. I guess some on here might say I had it coming!

I think you like the attention.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I hope they send the ******** down.

Hope you don't hurt too much in the morning!!!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Thank you. I’m just a fan of 46 years standing. I’m in my late 50s but I’ve had a hard life, so I described myself as elderly! And HT described me in the gutter as ‘elderly’ too, which made me laugh! The last time I was beaten up at a footie match was White Hart Lane in the 1978 away to Spurs 0-0 draw, my mate and I (we were 15) were set upon with no colours in a back street and had the sh1t kicked out of us. That was nearly 42 years ago, I thought footie had moved on a bit. Until today’s very rude wake-up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here