Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble after the game yesterday

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Remember a trip on the Seagull Special, possibly 77/78. We were frogmarched from ground back to station by the police and one local herbert on the other side of the road was ranting on and on and on, until his progress was halted by a lamp post he had failed to see. Marvellous stuff.
I think that's the one we got marched to the station by the local OB they said get on the train and we said we came by mini Bus and we had parked in the other direction they marched back and we had a bit a laugh with them and then headed to Blackpool for a night out. Good old days?

Jan 30, 2008
There were a group of Blackburn 'yoofs' who were hanging round after the game, and shouting at our lot as we left the ground. They started trying to be aggressive, jumping in front of Albion fans waving arms and chanting, even though they were getting tutted at by some of the older locals, and trying on some homophobic nonsense at anyone who coming out of the away end.

A few started singing 'we can see you holding hands' in an attempt to get a reaction and a confrontation, which was mainly ignored by our lot and the stewards, apart from one steward who said to them 'those two are holding holds' pointing to me and Mrs EP, and laughing at them. The 'top boys' ringleader then appeared totally confused by this display of uncensored heterosexual affection and pulled his white socks up over his tracksuit bottoms, followed by his henchmen, some of whom looked as if puberty hadn't quite reached them.
we really are a soft touch , :facepalm:
regards
DR

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm guessing this has occurred because the Children's Act forbids them to work beyond Saturday lunchtime in the mills. Next I'll be told the blighters had shoes on.

Jan 10, 2014
You should have sent your women in, the Bar Stewards would have messed their keks..

Well done on the victory by the way. :cool:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
we really are a soft touch , :facepalm:
regards
DR

Don't worry, Fairy. Me and the boys sorted them out later when the ol' bill weren't around.

Flanked them and a huge battle ensued, Fairy, you'd have loved it you nutter. The swinging fists of fully grown men fighting over football wearing proper good clobber is a beautiful sight.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Fighting/scuffles at Blackpool today

Postby 1964white on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 pm
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/764435879?-11130:816

100's of Leeds fans in the home end

Around the 75th minute i noticed one fan run down to the concourse chased by four coppers.....Apparently four or five Blackpool fans picked a fight with a father & his son & all hell broke loose, within minutes pockets of Leeds fans started showing themselves singing 'All Leeds are we', some Leeds fans made there way to the exits quietly leaving the ground, others tried to reason with the police as they waded in picking out the Leeds fans. In the end it got really aggressive as fans & police tussled with each other. Unsure whether he was a Blackpool or Leeds fan but one big bald headed bloke was thrown down the steps by two policemen onto the concrete floor with the police landing on him. Whether it was the same fan but minutes later one man was stretchered away by the St John's Ambulance workers. As fans from both clubs were being ejected out of the ground there was a surge of 100's of Leeds fans who tried to break the police lines from the away end, police helmets were flying all over the place & it got quite nasty for five minutes or so.

Imo Blackpool FC created this situation themselves by cutting our allocation to a bare minimum, had they given the Leeds fans the same allocation as Wigan did 100's of Leeds fans wouldn't have ventured into the home ends therefore the police & stewards could have contained all the LUFC fans in one area & i doubt there would have been the same problems.
Yes i know some Leeds fans don't know how to behave themselves & had those fans remained quiet in the home end maybe the violence would not occurred !

Not as if Leeds have history of invading seaside towns en masse and causing problems is it? The sign above the home end saying 'Home Fans Only' obviously does not apply to Leeds? Oh hang on, they can't read can they.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm guessing this has occurred because the Children's Act forbids them to work beyond Saturday lunchtime in the mills. Next I'll be told the blighters had shoes on.

These Lancastrians are so affluent nowadays , I remember the days when they all wore clogs t'match.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Fighting/scuffles at Blackpool today

Postby 1964white on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 pm
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/764435879?-11130:816

100's of Leeds fans in the home end

Around the 75th minute i noticed one fan run down to the concourse chased by four coppers.....Apparently four or five Blackpool fans picked a fight with a father & his son & all hell broke loose, within minutes pockets of Leeds fans started showing themselves singing 'All Leeds are we', some Leeds fans made there way to the exits quietly leaving the ground, others tried to reason with the police as they waded in picking out the Leeds fans. In the end it got really aggressive as fans & police tussled with each other. Unsure whether he was a Blackpool or Leeds fan but one big bald headed bloke was thrown down the steps by two policemen onto the concrete floor with the police landing on him. Whether it was the same fan but minutes later one man was stretchered away by the St John's Ambulance workers. As fans from both clubs were being ejected out of the ground there was a surge of 100's of Leeds fans who tried to break the police lines from the away end, police helmets were flying all over the place & it got quite nasty for five minutes or so.

Imo Blackpool FC created this situation themselves by cutting our allocation to a bare minimum, had they given the Leeds fans the same allocation as Wigan did 100's of Leeds fans wouldn't have ventured into the home ends therefore the police & stewards could have contained all the LUFC fans in one area & i doubt there would have been the same problems.
Yes i know some Leeds fans don't know how to behave themselves & had those fans remained quiet in the home end maybe the violence would not occurred !

Always someone elses fault. In football if you go in the orher area you keep quiet and respectful. Zero excuses

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Am I the only one who finds the reaction of that small child in that picture profoundly saddening?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here