Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble accessing NSC

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just reinstated CloudFlare so you'll likely get 'nice' Cloudflare error messages now rather than dirty browser ones.

I've raised a support ticket with the hosts, Rackspace, but it looks like there could be an internal Rackspace issue which is affecting some sites hosted with them and, if so, not an NSC issue as such. Frustrating, I appreciate, but better for me. I'll keep looking at it.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Brief problem as well. On Chrome, gave an error screen I had never seen before suggesting all was OK at my end and a problem with NSC.

All OK now.

Hope that helps.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Brief problem as well. On Chrome, gave an error screen I had never seen before suggesting all was OK at my end and a problem with NSC.

All OK now.

Hope that helps.

Same here after problems all weekend as well. I rebooted my BT Wifi which has got me in.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I've just reinstated CloudFlare so you'll likely get 'nice' Cloudflare error messages now rather than dirty browser ones.

I've raised a support ticket with the hosts, Rackspace, but it looks like there could be an internal Rackspace issue which is affecting some sites hosted with them and, if so, not an NSC issue as such. Frustrating, I appreciate, but better for me. I'll keep looking at it.

Could you translate that into idiot please. Ta. :cheers:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not fine here on Chrome. Takes an age to load, get blank screen and have to refresh, and then won't display all page content. I can't scroll to bottom of page - tends to jam half way down ie post 21 when displaying 40 posts per page

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not fine here on Chrome. Takes an age to load, get blank screen and have to refresh, and then won't display all page content. I can't scroll to bottom of page - tends to jam half way down ie post 21 when displaying 40 posts per page

same here nitemare on chrome and safari

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
And here with Chrome. Same problem - page not rendering at all or only half or it. And for once it is not my internet connection as other sites are fine. Oh well - hope they sort it out soon that I can read the reaction to the 3 players all signing today!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Same for me.
Been playing up since yesterday so I'm giving up on it now and will be sitting by my front door to await postie delivering my long-awaited season ticket.
Beginning to wish I hadn't changed seats!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm slightly at a loss, as everything is OK with me.

There did seem to be a bit of an issue yesterday but this was with the hosts and not with NSC itself. This seems to be OK now, for me at least.

Can I ask those with issues to do things like close their browsers down completely and then re-open etc, in case anything is being cached.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Re-booting your router can solve a lot of issues, that may or may not be caused with your ISP. Normally the first route to issue solving.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Was dreadful yesterday and so far this morning - is taking 20 refreshes before a page renders correctly. Not sure you will even see this post. Have tried clearing the cache etc.

It is so bad that maybe people cannot even get on to post? Has taken me 10 goes to come back and view this post and edit it. Will try rebooting my modem in a minute.

Last edited:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Moderators, I got an error message this morning, copied below.

No cached version of this page is available.
Error 520 Ray ID: 1572b39144de0622
Web server is returning an unknown error

You -Browser Working
London - CloudFlare Working
www.northstandchat.com - Host Error

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Yesterday in Yorkshire, on Chrome. Playbook and different Laptop from mine. Back in Curdridge today, same as everyone that is having trouble, but on Chrome and IE. Only common denominator is TalkTalk.
There is treacle in the fibre optics.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
For about the last 20 minutes, NSC was down for me - page would start to load, but just hang. Anyone else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here