Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard’s medical failure

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He’s not alone, Trossard seems very marmite, personally love watching him play

I did do, but haven’t recently, the ‘dream pass’ to Mooy aside, his form has been disappointing since his injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A few points.

I never said he was rubbish. He is a very good player but like a lot of good players he only has one strong foot, or relies very heavily on it.

If he could add a bit more from the left foot with the option to run wide and cross he would be immense. There is still time.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Start the year as you mean to go on, so they say. Looks like a bleak year in the Giraffe house.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OP's had a shocker. One of the things I love about Trossard is just how adept he is with either foot, it makes him very unpredictable.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Trossard is quality. He's had a huge influence already this season which, for a lightweight guy still getting used to English football, is a great effort. Probably going to be one of the best players we've ever had in the stripes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we can't appreciate players as talented as Trossard, perhaps we deserve a team of workhorses with no flair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hardly a day goes by when I'm not left thinking:-

'And that's why we can't have nice things'.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think Trossard needs to bulk up a bit, but not enough to slow him down. He's tricky, but he does get bounced around by the defenders who can contain him.

Poor old Solly, too. Whilst he recovers from his op, he falls even further down the pecking order... If GP believes in him, and he can actually become consistent, he's got a decent future here as he's very much the attacking player our new style suits. However, he's been consistently inconsistent....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't remember which second half passage of play it was, but Trossard was on their penalty spot and played a ball out to the right corner flag.

But that rather dismisses what he did.

The was completely crowded out.
Facing us.
He held onto the ball for what seemed like too long.
He waited seemingly in slow motion while everything was happening around him.
Then a narrow passage opened.
Trossard then played the ball out to the wing.

So effortless yet showed a level of skill I find hard to comprehend from an Albion player.

Heady days indeed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Trossard was arguably our worst player today and would probably have been subbed but for Burn's injury. I still like what I've seen from him so far, he's settling in and it takes time - there's plenty of big marquee signings still finding their feet - Haller, Pepe, NDombele, Fred, Moise Kean etc.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Agreed, but less of the "we", please!

Maybe more "we" would be appropriate.

Luc Grapotte says "oui, on peut s'apprécier ensemble" I still have no idea what he means.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Trossard was arguably our worst player today and would probably have been subbed but for Burn's injury. I still like what I've seen from him so far, he's settling in and it takes time - there's plenty of big marquee signings still finding their feet - Haller, Pepe, NDombele, Fred, Moise Kean etc.

Definitely not our worst, Bissouma had that accolade wrapped up at half time.

The issue with Trossard is that his game is all about creativity in the final third. He is there to unlock Premier league defences.
The hardest job in the game. Often it won't come off. But the ways in which he is capable of being able to try to do it is astonishing.

I hear a lot of complaints about him "giving the ball away". This is generally not the case. Normally the defender has stopped the attack.
He is the last player I would take off when we are chasing the game, as he's the one most capable of creating a goal.

Very soon he will have a game where they all come off and he will be heralded as our most valuable player again.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Perhaps he can borrow the one you've put in your mouth, you bell.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Definitely not our worst, Bissouma had that accolade wrapped up at half time.

I don't understand how the Albion can play the game that they did while carrying at least 4 players.
Seemingly, Trossard, Bisouma, Propper & Webster weren't up to it and yet Chelsea were hanging on grateful for a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here