Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Arsenal and their fans hailed Trossard as a goalscoring machine. Yes he's quite good, but do you think he would stand a chance of cutting the mustard in today's Albion squad?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, he would be useful, as indeed he was. But I don't lament his leaving. Our stats since then show why.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely he would. He quite patently did here, for several years. Mitoma has obviously massively softened the blow of losing him, but Trossard is a totally different type of player and would be a fit for pretty much any PL side. As a player I'd still rather have him here than not, albeit the non-sulky version.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes, there’s no point trying to rewrite history now he’s gone. He was good for us, and he’d have excelled under RdZ had he been given the chance. But unfortunately his head had been turned and Roberto clearly wasn’t interested in playing games with him, so it suited both parties to go when he did.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
When he was good he was very good. Just when he couldn’t be bothered as he thought he was too good for the team he was average. A fired up and motivated Trossard would do well for us (again).

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
He was the best finisher we had. You‘d nearly always back him in a one on one situation and he was capable of scoring when nothing looked on. When he played well so did the whole team. It’s a great shame it ended with him sulking and not trying. It didn’t have to be like that. Still hope he continues to do well at Arsenal but obviously not on Sunday week.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
A good player and a good contributor to our squad. It is a shame we lost him, but his agent was being a dick and Trossard himself was inflating his ego a bit with his own ‘brand’ with the ‘binocular’ celebration (I think its a little cringe but is it really any worse than what other players are doing?). Head was out of Brighton and for that he needed to go. Selling him for that price was decent business for a guy we knew was running down his contract.

Could he still fit in? Well he was still our top scorer this season for a bit- even after he left! He’s great quality, but Mitoma has far bigger potential than Trossard imo.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Decent player. I'd like to knock him, but really I can't. We got good money for him, he moved on, and to be honest he just slid off my radar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here