Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trossard

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s a painful lesson for Mooy in particular. Whatever you do, don’t give up your shirt too easily and let someone else impress. Thought we missed Mooy today, Alzate struggled out there a bit I thought, but can’t see anything but Trossard starting next week.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Indeed.

But also think Murray deserves credit. Digne HAD to launch at the cross as Muzz would have just tapped it in.

Just like Watford.

I was a shame it wasn’t him at the far post for that first laser guided cross from Trossard. Maupay’s movement was good to be fair though, just needed to be 4” taller.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It’s a painful lesson for Mooy in particular. Whatever you do, don’t give up your shirt too easily and let someone else impress. Thought we missed Mooy today, Alzate struggled out there a bit I thought, but can’t see anything but Trossard starting next week.
Potter said Alzate one of our two best players

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I am still trying to understand wha5 Propper does for the team , he has no pace , does not create many chances , He is not a ball winner , does not score goals , his control for a Dutch player is not very good , gives the ball away far too many times , he will be lucky to stay in the team

He‘s arguably our most technical player (although Trossard looks like he’ll give him a good run for his money) and his ability in tight spaces has got us out of trouble so many times over the last couple of seasons, and he’s always the midfielder to drive us forward as he did yesterday on countless occasions. Not everything is defined by stats either. Although this idea that he’s rubbish defensively grates at me - his defensive stats over the last two seasons are almost exactly the same as Stephens’ who is our de facto defensive midfielder.

Honestly, he’s rightfully one of the first names on the team sheet and if you can’t see why then you probably need to find a different game to watch.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
For me, Alzate looked superb in centre mid, then disappeared out of the game until Trossard came on and his performance rocketed again, but I suppose everybody looked better once he’d joined the party.

I'd bring Mooy back and play Alzate. Still dont know why Propper was brought back so quickly. Been poor both games IMO.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I don’t think this will be a ‘Hemed’ moment for Mooy. Gross and Propper were pretty poor yesterday, as Everton controlled the midfield. Both were outdone in countless duals, passed to opponents.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
He‘s arguably our most technical player (although Trossard looks like he’ll give him a good run for his money) and his ability in tight spaces has got us out of trouble so many times over the last couple of seasons, and he’s always the midfielder to drive us forward as he did yesterday on countless occasions. Not everything is defined by stats either. Although this idea that he’s rubbish defensively grates at me - his defensive stats over the last two seasons are almost exactly the same as Stephens’ who is our de facto defensive midfielder.

Honestly, he’s rightfully one of the first names on the team sheet and if you can’t see why then you probably need to find a different game to watch.

I think you are the one who needs to find a different game to watch , just look at the spurs performance

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I wouldnt disagree but would ask instead of whom?

So for me - team for next week Trossard is first name for me - do t know who gets dropped, but can’t see him not playing

For me has to replace Gross. I know Gross scored yesterday but apart from that the game seemed to completely pass him by (and this isn’t the only game that has happened). His lack of pace and mobility frustrates me as he slows attacks down when he gets the ball, whereas Trossard is completely the opposite and worries defences with his pace and movement.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For me has to replace Gross.

I'd be STUNNED if that happens.

Screenshot 2019-10-27 at 09.56.42.png

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For me has to replace Gross. I know Gross scored yesterday but apart from that the game seemed to completely pass him by (and this isn’t the only game that has happened). His lack of pace and mobility frustrates me as he slows attacks down when he gets the ball, whereas Trossard is completely the opposite and worries defences with his pace and movement.

Gross’s record speaks for itself. Trossard’s great and need to accommodate him somehow but dropping our most creative player by far (fact, not opinion) to do that seems a step backwards. We should be looking to have them both involved.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'd bring Mooy back and play Alzate. Still dont know why Propper was brought back so quickly. Been poor both games IMO.

It pains me to say it, but I agree. I really enjoy watching Pröpper play as he can be so graceful on the ball, but Alzate has got the same composure but also appears to offer more offensively. Although we only had a small sample size of Mooy he was looking like a real asset. What’s really nice is that we are having these discussions, we’re not talking about squeezing sub par players in because player X, Y or Z has been crap, but because we’ve actually got some serious talent and depth in midfield. Before the season kicked off I thought we were really short in all midfield areas from CM, CDM, RM, LM, RW, LW and CAM. Now Potter has to choose between Stephens, Pröpper, Alzate, Bissouma, Mooy, Trossard, March and Groß. Nice headache to have, and one in think he’s managing pretty well.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but it is worth remembering that only 2 players in the Premier League have created more goal scoring opportunities than Pascal, Kevin de Bruyne and Trent Alexander-Arnold are those 2 players. I think Groß’s lack of mobility can be misleading, because he doesn’t launch blistering counter attacks doesn’t mean he’s not having a big impact on the game.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don’t think this will be a ‘Hemed’ moment for Mooy. Gross and Propper were pretty poor yesterday, as Everton controlled the midfield. Both were outdone in countless duals, passed to opponents.

Thought Davies was great from start to finish. I really want to dislike players with a ponytail, but he was great.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I'd be STUNNED if that happens.

View attachment 116617

Sorry Bozza but this stat doesn’t cut it for me. So Gross has created 5 big chances but it’s a 95 minute game and I struggle to think what else he brings to the team performance. If Trossard had the same amount of game time I wouldn’t bet against him achieving that same stat if not better. At least 1 of those 5 chances created would have been the free kick for Webster’s goal at Villa, but Trossard has shown he is just as good, if not better, at delivering good set pieces and could have equally taken that free kick. Trossard chalked up 1 big chance created in just the 15 min spell he was on yesterday for our winning goal !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can’t remember - I was drunk.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The most logical move is to play him wide left but you cannot drop Alzate after yesterdays performance so I think that it could be another start on the bench for Trossard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here