Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard the Belgium International

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Unfortunately he is a part of the problem. In his better games he squanders a large number of our chances. Last night he was mostly anonymous. Needs to be replaced at the end of the season regardless of the division in which we are playing.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
In terms of quality he's still light years ahead of Jahanbakhsh and Tau. This is a problem.

I'm not even sure who his other direct competition in the squad would be. That's also a problem.

I'm not sure how you can know this about Tau. You may be right but he hasn't played enough for this confusion.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I disagree. He is not rubbish. Doesnt help we shoe horn so many players in out of position.
Veltman played nearly all his games for Holland and Ajax at CB now a FB and sometimes WB
Burn no comment
Trossard was poor yesterday but is not a winger. When played inside has ability to lose a player and get a shot in.
Whilst I say this yesterday was crying out for White to add some steel to midfield for last 15mins and have a Duffy to come on but no defenders on bench.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is he really any better than Ali, I don't think he is. Turning into another waste of money
Well yes, he is better than Jahanbakhsh of course, but another one we could move on in the summer if we can identify a replacemnt - he's not going to move us forward at all. Trouble is, the market isn't governed by who we'd like to sell - if no-one wants to buy Trossard we can't sell him, or not without taking a huge hit on what we paid for him (though still not such a huge hit that we'd have to take on Jahanbakhsh).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Think Trossard is a good player that seems very demotivated playing under Potter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Yes he has been poor recently, many passes straight to the opposition and yes can dilly dally too much but I still like him at Brighton. He excites, can open up a defence and at least gets shots on target (although often easily saved). Currently, he should go back to being an impact sub. Also, what happened to Khadra? would like to see him have another chance.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Trossard reminds me of when I used to watch my lads play kids/youth football. There was always one flash kid in every team, the latest blue/green/white whatever Nike boots and his dad would tell him he was the best kid on the pitch.
When this type of kid actually played football he looked good to people that knew nothing about the game, he would receive the ball, beat 2 players, turn and beat another 2 and then lose the ball, there would always be at least 2 or 3 teammates unmarked, but flash kid couldn’t make that simple pass.

therealdsg

Sep 3, 2011
Preston Park
Utterly hopeless - no better than Knokaert and at least with Knokaert you could tell he cared. Misplaces most passes, doesn’t track back, gets stood up far too easily when trying “tricks” and never seems to beat anyone with his pace. Why he stayed on last night then Mac Allister and Maupay were taken off is beyond me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You think Palace, Leeds and Burnley have better squads than us?

In some ways, yes. Especially when it comes to wingers/strikers, the quality of their attacking players remains a wet dream compared to what is available in the Brighton squad.

None of ours fall into that category do they? Journeymen who have spent most of their careers in the Championship I mean.

It does make me think though - how many players has Potter actually improved?

Nope, most Brighton players fall into the category "academy players" or "foreign players with very limited Premier League experience".

How many players Potter improved or didnt improve is impossible to measure. When Rashford scored five goals in 32 games in his second season, people said he had gone backwards since he scored five goals in just 11 appearances the season before that. But its not that basic or linear.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes he has been poor recently, many passes straight to the opposition and yes can dilly dally too much but I still like him at Brighton. He excites, can open up a defence and at least gets shots on target (although often easily saved). Currently, he should go back to being an impact sub. Also, what happened to Khadra? would like to see him have another chance.

I don't know, but I presume that Moder, Tau, Zeqiri and Karbownik are going insane with frustration on the bench, desperate to show what they can do while players like Trossard are automatic picks. Gross too seems to have come out on the other side of that golden moment of form that he was in a month ago.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Trossard reminds me of when I used to watch my lads play kids/youth football. There was always one flash kid in every team, the latest blue/green/white whatever Nike boots and his dad would tell him he was the best kid on the pitch.
When this type of kid actually played football he looked good to people that knew nothing about the game, he would receive the ball, beat 2 players, turn and beat another 2 and then lose the ball, there would always be at least 2 or 3 teammates unmarked, but flash kid couldn’t make that simple pass.

...and therein lies the problem. He overplays all the time. One trick too many. Trying the more difficult pass instead of keeping it simple. The essence of playing sport successfully is a mastery of the basics. Watch the better teams and they don't do flicks and tricks until they are well ahead. Trossard needs to concentrate on passing accurately to teammates and running into space. Why this isn't being worked at on the training ground baffles me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't know, but I presume that Moder, Tau, Zeqiri and Karbownik are going insane with frustration on the bench, desperate to show what they can do while players like Trossard are automatic picks. Gross too seems to have come out on the other side of that golden moment of form that he was in a month ago.

I hope they are! Or they are not suited to become players at this level.

Either way they have the opportunity to show what they can every day and if they do well enough, they will play, so lets hope they do well enough.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
...and therein lies the problem. He overplays all the time. One trick too many. Trying the more difficult pass instead of keeping it simple. The essence of playing sport successfully is a mastery of the basics. Watch the better teams and they don't do flicks and tricks until they are well ahead. Trossard needs to concentrate on passing accurately to teammates and running into space. Why this isn't being worked at on the training ground baffles me.

I agree with all of this.
Leicester just had to send 2 players towards him when he had the ball and he ran himself into a blind alley.

You mentioned the training camp, i was thinking last night when the game was on, the coaching staff need to sit him down and watch the replay of the match and point out the obvious to him, and then teach him to pass properly......to someone in an Albion shirt.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I still rate him, just seems off form again much like several players in the squad. When the link up play works it looks magnificent, just no end product. Again much like the rest of the squad.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Form has definitely dipped but on his day he can be explosive. Hopefully Potter and Co can get his head in a good place for the next batch of games, all of which are vital.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I think we’re at the stage now where we have to freshen this starting 11 up.

Whether the players currently starting are more talented or not, it’s clearly not working at the moment and it appears to me to be more in their head than anything else so I think we have to change. To keep going as we are seems madness (insanity - same things over again etc) as I can’t see them winning a game.

We’re slightly limited because of injuries but for me it’s time to rest the likes of Gross, Trossard, Maupay and Burn at least and try Moder, Tau, Zeqiri and Karbownik. Maybe even Khadra, Ceicedo, Weir, Jenks etc. I don’t care if the current starters looks better in training, they’re not doing the business in the matches. The youngsters/fringe players have a point to prove and will not be scarred by the recent games.

At the moment I can’t see us winning another game as the players look mentally shot and I haven’t felt like that since the second half of Hughton’s last season. We have to change something.

Garfield

Feb 28, 2021
When's Izquierdo getting back in the side, saw he was on the bench yesterday, he may be like a new signing.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here