Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard - How long

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If he keeps his form I could see him going to a club like Everton / west Ham for 30 mil next summer. If he has 2 wonderful seasons with us then Arsenal / Spurs for whatever the silly price is at the time.
Considering he chose us over Atletico Madrid I very much doubt his ambition would be to join either of those two struggling sides.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Considering he chose us over Atletico Madrid I very much doubt his ambition would be to join either of those two struggling sides.
I doubt that's true. I have not seen this reported anywhere else.

There were rumours arsenal were interested but that was his agent trying to drum up interest.

Genk have so much quality in their side we should be looking at who else we can nick. Their forwards look particularly good

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Trossaaaarrrrrddddd how long must we sing this song?

How long? how long?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He is the kind of player who will attract big money, he’s much more ‘fashionable’ than some of our other players who have been in demandnin recent years. Yes we aren’t a selling club but you have to be realistic about the situation, if a top 4/6 team come in with the finances and pulling power they have, Trossard would probably push for a move, which I understand.

Same could be said about any player of ours mind you, but I do feel Trossard will attract a lot more interest than anyone else, he’s an exceptional player from what I’ve seen so far.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

There were rumours arsenal were interested but that was his agent trying to drum up interest.

Genk have so much quality in their side we should be looking at who else we can nick. Their forwards look particularly good

In the same article he says Martínez advised him to join us and play in the PL.
https://www.tribalfootball.com/arti...tletico-madrid-for-trossard-4287110#popup-sso

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Where does this arrogance come from that people don't think we are a selling club? If the price is right we will sell. Pretty much every club in the country other than probably Liverpool and City are selling clubs. If any of the big 6 or a big Euro club came in for our players we'd be unlikely to hold on to them, the fee would be too big and they are likely to double their wages.

I don't want us to sell but let's be realistic.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Where does this arrogance come from that people don't think we are a selling club? If the price is right we will sell. Pretty much every club in the country other than probably Liverpool and City are selling clubs. If any of the big 6 or a big Euro club came in for our players we'd be unlikely to hold on to them, the fee would be too big and they are likely to double their wages.

True, but we are getting used to not selling anyone so it will come as a little shock when it happens. Leo Ulloa was the last guy we sold who we didn't want to

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

If our form under GP continues who knows where we will be come the end of the season. Personally think Trossard has chance of being our first player with a value of £100m. He’s hardly kicked a ball for us really so far good couple of seasons to go

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My question is why do people keep raising the same hypothetical question ?
Our players are either shit, and need to be moved on at a loss, or they're too good for us and we won't be able to hold on to them. Change the ****ing record.

Haha is too good for Palace, but they've simply refused to sell him. We don't have to sell our best players as soon as a big club comes calling. Unlike Parish, Bloom isn't a ****, so I can't see him promising players will get a move and then laughing that it wasn't in writing, and we won't permanently prevent players from progressing, but we also don't need to sell them as soon as big clubs come in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he keeps his form I could see him going to a club like Everton / west Ham for 30 mil next summer.
No chance. We just paid £22m for a defender from the Championship, there's no way we'd sell our best player (which he will be if he keeps his form) for £30m, when he's only 25 and 1 year into his contract.

You need to lose your small club mentality.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019

There was interest shown in Genk defensive midfielder Sander Berge in the summer as well. Sheffield United offered £22m for him but he decided to stay at Genk. Maybe with Trossard doing well, it will tempt him to join us next summer, but he'll probably cost around £25-30m.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My question is why do people keep raising the same hypothetical question ?

1. Take an interest in little Brighton but have always followed a(nother) PL side.
2. In view of above, presume no player of ours would really set their ambitions at out sort of level.

:shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Agent talking crap again. According to that guy they talked to all the best teams in Europe about him !!!

He’s a top player why wouldn’t they be interested ??? And to be fair none of us have a clue how much his salary with us is.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Here's got a 4 year contract, and I doubt anyone would pay what it would take got us to let him go. Probably around £50-60m

£45m (plus add-one) for 28 yr old Gylfi Sigurðsson from Swansea to Everton on 2017.

We have a better player, 4 years younger.

I’d hope the fee is £65m+

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
When we sell Trossard the fee we receive will pay for most of The Amex.

Bloom wouldn’t waste him time laughing at an offer of £30,000,000 for him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bloody hell 2 goals and now he’s worth £60M [emoji23]

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Why are people asking the question this early? We're not a selling club any more, as we've shown with Dunk.

We've seen that Trossard is a class act, but he is still being eased back from injury and has only made 5 appearances for us thus far! If he does it on a consistent basis, bigger clubs will of course be interested, that's the nature of football.

However, given that he's signed a 4 year deal I would envisage that he'll be here for this and the next season at the very least, unless we get relegated. So lets see how things pan out and not plot an exit for one of our exciting players already!

Exactly this. At such an early stage in his contract with us we should tell clubs to ‘do one’ if they come in for him. If we want to get to the next level and become an established PL team that are no longer considered as relegation candidates then it is the likes of Trossard and Dunk we have to keep and build around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here