Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trolls Pantry.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I walk past the hobgoblin sometimes to get to my friend's house, and there's always what looks to be a load of wierdos and down-and-outs standing outside, so we've never been in. Is it any good?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I walk past the hobgoblin sometimes to get to my friend's house, and there's always what looks to be a load of wierdos and down-and-outs standing outside, so we've never been in. Is it any good?

The bar is OK but the beer garden makes it, I'd only go in there if you fancy drinking outside.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I walk past the hobgoblin sometimes to get to my friend's house, and there's always what looks to be a load of weirdos and down and outs standing outside, so we've never been in. Is it any good?

It's the Brighton look my friend.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Warning.

Eating a Trolls Pantry RUINS all other burger experiences. You won't want anything else afterwards.

Yet to try a burger bros though...

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Burgers are fantastic but pricey £6 to £8 quid for one served in a bag no plate and no chips. Pub garden is large, when we went it was full of student types. Worth a visit for a quick bite and a couple of beers but the place is scruffy. Perfect place for a bite to eat before a game though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I very much approve of Avery. And Annabelle, who I missed off my original list. Annabelle is CUTE.

An expensive date though, she drinks Verve. And I'm not convinced Emily's favourite is water.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
When are you judging the Hobgoblin from? If it's more than 2 years or so ago, you'll be in for a very pleasant suprise. It's changed management, they've tarted it up a bit, updated the music policy & made what was already a lovely beer garden outstanding. Despite that the ale is still pretty cheap.

Unless of course you did know it had changed and said this because you want it to go back to the denim and black, sweatpit it once was. If so, please accept my apologies.

This. It's a really nice boozer now. Not sure why the garden is scoring so highly compared to the inside though, the inside is just as nice.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Isn't there a MacDonalds just over the road though? And there's a KFC a bit further down.

Jul 7, 2003
The Troll is very dedicated to his craft. The burgers are made from 35 day aged longhornsteak mince that comes from local farms and all of the burgers are made fresh in front of you. The recommendation is to have your burger medium although you can go for well done if you prefer. He makes all his own sauces and brioche buns. It is only recently that he has trained others to the level where he isn't working every shift at the Hobgoblin.

My most recent purchase was a fiery mountain burger - a BBQ burger which has a habanero sauce that has a deep taste and a nice but subtle kick to it. He is entered into a big birger competition in London this weekend and has been testing variations of his Smokey Mountain burger on punters at the pub that all sound great. He also recently made the list of top 10 burger places to eat in the country according to the Independent newspaper.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Anyone tried Lucky Beach? They have a sign outside saying they were awarded in the top 5 burgers in the country!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here