Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trojan Horse School Report-Surely we must be concerned?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
as he waves his white flag, yeah just bury our heads in the sand ,it'll all go away in the morning
regards
DR

Strange how other religions in this country are not "offended" on a virtually weekly basis. Strange how other religions in this country are not demanding whilst teaching bile to their children. We don't seem to get any trouble from the Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists etc re education, that live in this country.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So it's not just at Islamic schools that you'll find books promoting stoning and execution :wink:

Really?. Well as has been proved on Dispatches C4 and many other programmes, certain schools and mosques are promoting stoning and execution, whilst metering out punishment to it's pupils. Now if that is happening in a country with only 2.5% population, think how bad it could get.
I went to a Christian school, as have both of my children, not they or i ever had these two practices preached to us.....did you or anyone you know??

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Imagine going to Somalia, Sudan or Syria and trying to radicalize their young people in their schools with any type of beliefs other than Islam. I think it would be more than special measures.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Really?. Well as has been proved on Dispatches C4 and many other programmes, certain schools and mosques are promoting stoning and execution, whilst metering out punishment to it's pupils. Now if that is happening in a country with only 2.5% population, think how bad it could get.
I went to a Christian school, as have both of my children, not they or i ever had these two practices preached to us.....did you or anyone you know??

As Bob Dylan said, Everybody Must Get Stoned.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/stoning.html

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Imagine going to Somalia, Sudan or Syria and trying to radicalize their young people in their schools with any type of beliefs other than Islam. I think it would be more than special measures.

Most people here are fed on Eastenders, Britain's Got Talent, Strictly Come Dancing, Endless Cookery programmes, that they fail to see what is going on in front of their very eyes. Then when anybody shows a bit of concern, they get their face out of Gordon Ramsey's latest dish, their eyes off Holly Willoughby's chest etc.....and murmur racist.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Most people here are fed on Eastenders, Britain's Got Talent, Strictly Come Dancing, Endless Cookery programmes, that they fail to see what is going on in front of their very eyes. Then when anybody shows a bit of concern, they get their face out of Gordon Ramsey's latest dish, their eyes off Holly Willoughby's chest etc.....and murmur racist.

I've never watched Eastenders, BGT, or Strictly, although, I am partial to a cookery programme and Miss Willoughby's chest.

The problem is, many of us don't see the tidal wave of Islamification (probably because we live in sunny Spain or leafy Sussex, right?). There are issues that need to be dealt with but to be honest I'm more concerned by the rise of racist groups like the EDL and Britain First. I'm against the extremists on both sides but it's saddening to see so many people being taken in by Islamophobic rhetoric.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

I spent my 'primary' school days educated by the Irish Christian brothers. I don't think hardly a day passed without at least receiving the strap and on many an occasion the cane. Not because I was a particularly poor pupil but simply because learning by fear was the standard practice. Google St. Joseph's, Blackpool for some of the 'horror' stories. Not an enjoyable period but I have to admit all the pupils were academically well educated.

Grammar School was run by the Salesian fathers - not quite as brutal but the discipline was tight reinforced by corporal punishment. Again the level of education was extremely high.

No we weren't taught that stoning was an acceptable form of punishment but the level of religious indoctrination for many right wing views backed by the threat of eternal damnation was prevalent.

I'm sure it's no coincidence that the majority of old school friends I am still in contact with are now confirmed atheists. I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the sort of practices described in today's reports won't also be counter-productive and drive many of the current students away from Islam.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I spent my 'primary' school days educated by the Irish Christian brothers. I don't think hardly a day passed without at least receiving the strap and on many an occasion the cane. Not because I was a particularly poor pupil but simply because learning by fear was the standard practice. Google St. Joseph's, Blackpool for some of the 'horror' stories. Not an enjoyable period but I have to admit all the pupils were academically well educated.

Grammar School was run by the Salesian fathers - not quite as brutal but the discipline was tight reinforced by corporal punishment. Again the level of education was extremely high.

No we weren't taught that stoning was an acceptable form of punishment but the level of religious indoctrination for many right wing views backed by the threat of eternal damnation was prevalent.

I'm sure it's no coincidence that the majority of old school friends I am still in contact with are now confirmed atheists. I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the sort of practices described in today's reports won't also be counter-productive and drive many of the current students away from Islam.

Are these schools still the same, or have they moved into the 21st century....it appears that some haven't. My school had the cane as well, but it has moved on since then.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The Education Funding Agency (EFA), which is responsible for academies, said Park View Educational Trust (PVET) which runs three schools in Birmingham, had breached its funding agreement in a highly anticipated report published today.

A separate report following the inspection of Oldknow Academy in Small Heath found it was "taking on the practices of an Islamic faith school" and had excluded non-Muslim staff and pupils from an annual trip - paid for with public money - to Saudi Arabia.

Young school pupils were also exposed to language like "white prostitute" in assemblies, and Christmas trees were banned, while Muslim religious celebrations were allowed to continue unhindered according to the report.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
We do need to be concerned, I'm sure.

Why does a Primary School in Luton have literature suggesting that stoning is a suitable punishment? But then, I guess that all schools will have literature that promotes various punsihments, but it is up to the teacher to ensure that the children know that it is not.

Do the teachers at that school do that?

I had a big old book that followed me around suggesting that crucifixion was an accepted punishment and fitting.

Alarm bells do ring.

No it's ok because the books about stoning, slavery and apostasy are not tucked among the Gruffalo and the tiger that came to tea. No, those books are in a special bit of the library for the teachers to access NOT the kids.

I'd be happy if the ****ing nonsense should be chucked in the nearest skip.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Gove v May and Ofsted v Radical Islam. It is hard to know who to cheer for.

I actually can't make head nor tail of the situation. It sounds as if parents and governors were pressuring teachers to make unusual decision like banning mixed sports, sitting girls and boys apart or banning Shakespeare. This seems wrong. If the Head Teachers were unable to resist this pressure then the council should have stepped in, if they knew there was a problem. In the case of academies, this is further complicated by the fact that the council is effectively replaced by the DfE who have no real processes for dealing with situations like this.

However, a few stuck-in-their-ways Islamic elders does not necessarily make this a sinister plot. Some reports seem to say that parents are very supportive of their academically successful schools to the point of protesting against Ofsted at the school gates. Ofsted are increasingly being viewed as unfit for purpose and talk of legal action by a school against Ofsted would be unprecedented as far as I am aware. Maybe Ofsted got it wrong.

Many Catholic schools, including some of our local ones, provide a truly excellent education so I really do not agree with those who are calling for the closure of religious schools. I actually think that Islamic Schools are likely to be just as good, they just haven't had the several hundred year process of integrating into society.

In summary, I really don't know. I do know that when you have a situation where cabinet ministers are squabbling whilst parents are blocking government inspectors at the school gate then something, somewhere has gone wrong and I don't believe that Gove is the man to sort it out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Education Funding Agency (EFA), which is responsible for academies, said Park View Educational Trust (PVET) which runs three schools in Birmingham, had breached its funding agreement in a highly anticipated report published today.

A separate report following the inspection of Oldknow Academy in Small Heath found it was "taking on the practices of an Islamic faith school" and had excluded non-Muslim staff and pupils from an annual trip - paid for with public money - to Saudi Arabia.

Young school pupils were also exposed to language like "white prostitute" in assemblies, and Christmas trees were banned, while Muslim religious celebrations were allowed to continue unhindered according to the report.

Sorry I lost interest when you brought up the topic of Holly's rack.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
It is hard for non Muslim people to judge a book or writing because we do not know the context or background to it.. I guess we. Need a trusted reasonable Muslim person to put it all in context and judge the severerity of it. Can you find such a person?

BTW, What are Mr Gove's "British values" exactly? Could be anything he wants them to be

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It is hard for non Muslim people to judge a book or writing because we do not know the context or background to it.. I guess we. Need a trusted reasonable Muslim person to put it all in context and judge the severerity of it. Can you find such a person?

BTW, What are Mr Gove's "British values" exactly? Could be anything he wants them to be

Chips, Jeremy Kyle and obesity.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
i think you likely are missing something, as there is a heavy bias on the reporting to paint a picture. scratch around and find at least one school affected isn't restricting intake on faith and the parents of kids there report the story is distorted to outright invented. what you have is crossfire between some people (not necessarily Gove vs May directly themselves) with a "warning" given that something "may" happen, that hasnt apparently been followed, and a personal vendetta by someone slighted by a off cuff remark (something about a senior security chap and his girlfried, the one who leaked the story).

short version: some are making up their own mind without the full story.

My sister used to teach at one of the schools until April. Some staff raised concerns about what was happening to Ofsted inspectors over two years ago. Ofsted did nothing at the time.

D

Deleted member 22389

You are correct in saying we need someone to put things in to context, however it is not going to stop things like Sharia becoming a part of our country.
What are British Values, well one of those is equal opportunities for women and I suppose following our laws, however it doesn't make sense when you read and see stuff like this.

All these articles point to a fast changing country. This will either work or eventually create division where eventually things you enjoy will have to be changed to accomodate.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/rel...c-law-is-adopted-by-British-legal-chiefs.html
http://www.islamic-bank.com/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/rel...-be-told-whenever-meat-is-halal-MPs-urge.html
http://www.theguardian.com/education/2011/nov/28/muslim-schools-growth
http://al-yusra.org/swimming/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here