Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trivia - Who were the last team to......

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Goalscorers - Villa & Sunderland ?

1980 was West Ham v Arsenal I think - with Brooking scoring the only goal?

Is it something to do with all-English or all-British teams, because didn't Villa not play because of the Falklands or something?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Nothing to do with Paul Allen? I remember him being the youngest player to play in the FA Cup Final and everyone going mad when Willie Young scythed him down. Is it that he was the youngest player to play in a Cup Final and then in 1982, his cousin Clive wasn't?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Just going back to the title-winners who wore stripes, it's a British anomaly that we have so few striped clubs at the top end, isn't it? Think about the European clubs who regularly win their leagues - Milan, Inter, Juve, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Porto, Bayern Munich some seasons, Ajax, Eindhoven, Olympiacos, Gothenburg ...

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
My attempt at trivia.

Since its inception in 1872 only 3 teams have scored three goals in an FA Cup Final (excluding penalty shoot-outs) and not won the trophy that year . Name all 3.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
My attempt at trivia.

Since its inception in 1872 only 3 teams have scored three goals in an FA Cup Final (excluding penalty shoot-outs) and not won the trophy that year . Name all 3.

I know West Ham did this in losing to Liverpool. Only one I can come up with.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Can anyone name an albion player with double letters (e.g. ss) in both first name and surname?

From
2020s
2010s
2000s
1990s
1980s
1970s
Perry Digweed - 90s

(And 80s, but I'm not as old as some of you!!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here