Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] "Trickle down economics has never worked"

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You are.

"The trouble is the trickle down proponenets argue that trickle down is inevitable so the only game in town is to make the rich richer and the poor will benefit by default. I see no evidence for that so it makes more sense to support the poor (make changes that make it easier for them to earn, acquire better lifestyles and better attitudes) rather than simply to set up society (tax and laws) with only the needs of the rich in mind"

I mean that we should not expect the poor to become better off by trickle down alone. We should support the poor.

The better attitudes bit includes helping people to be more self aware, more confident to cross the class and aspiration barriers, and not 'know their place'. I appreciate things have changed but I know several people who passed the 11 plus but were sent by parents to the local secondary modern because 'that sort of thing is not for the likes of us'. I appreciate that grammar schools barely exist now, and that people are much more aspirational across the classes, but having better attitudes to personal growth, health and other people (and not have dickish racist and sexists attitudes like those of some of the people on NSC that I have on ignore) has to be better than leaving the poor in a silo, looking up hopefully for a bit of trickle down.

Clearer? :thumbsup:

Thank you. Your last paragraph here does indeed now make it clearer :thumbsup:

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
https://www.bbc.com/news/56901183[/QUOTE

Ooooh look, a trumper comes out of the woodwork and clutches desperately at straws.

Ooooh look, someone who isn't willing or able to understand a contrary viewpoint on a 52 year failed and failing political hack whose outright deception and incompetence is being exposed by an array of credible outlets (REMARKABLY). Please educate yourself as it isn't a good look. They're not my straws.......

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
Ooooh look, someone who isn't willing or able to understand a contrary viewpoint on a 52 year failed and failing political hack whose outright deception and incompetence is being exposed by an array of credible outlets (REMARKABLY). Please educate yourself as it isn't a good look. They're not my straws.......

No one thinks that Biden is perfect, no one has ever claimed that. He and his administration is, however, 100 times more competent than Trump's.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
No one thinks that Biden is perfect, no one has ever claimed that. He and his administration is, however, 100 times more competent than Trump's.

Post #43 on this chain shreds any credibility you have. Do you think the massive increase in assaults, robbery, rape and exploitation shows 100 times more competence on the Southern Border? Do you think 100x more competence is supported by the many provable lies being told? Do you think you have any idea what you're talking about? Let's have a short quiz and let's see.

1. % of deaths as a result of A) Assault weapons, B) Handguns or C) knives in the US in the last decade.
2. Who built the "cages" that housed unaccompanied minors on the Southern Border? How many unaccompanied minors are being housed in those "cages" now vs. the peak of the Trump administration?
3. Did a record number of African Americans and Hispanic-Americans vote for Trump in 2020, Yes or No?
4. What was the % of Americans living in poverty under Obama vs. under Trump?
5. How many wars did Trump start vs. the eight preceding Presidents?

Bonus Round: Big, bad nasty Wall St - Contributed how much to Biden and how much to Trump in the 2020 election?

I know, I know - Orange man bad. Biden not perfect but so much better. In fact 100x better.

Last edited:

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
Post #43 on this chain shreds any credibility you have. Do you think the massive increase in assaults, robbery, rape and exploitation shows 100 times more competence on the Southern Border? Do you think 100x more competence is supported by the many provable lies being told? Do you think you have any idea what you're talking about? Let's have a short quiz and let's see.

1. % of deaths as a result of A) Assault weapons, B) Handguns or C) knives in the US in the last decade. what has this got to do with anything?
2. Who built the "cages" that housed unaccompanied minors on the Southern Border? How many unaccompanied minors are being housed in those "cages" now vs. the peak of the Trump administration? Who built the cages in irrelevant, it was the barbaric policy of child separation that was the issue
3. Did a record number of African Americans and Hispanic-Americans vote for Trump in 2020, Yes or No? What has that got to do with anything?
4. What was the % of Americans living in poverty under Obama vs. under Trump? The rates have gone down at a equal rate since 2014
5. How many wars did Trump start vs. the eight preceding Presidents? didn't stop any of them, Biden is actually bringing troops home

I know, I know - Orange man bad. Biden not perfect but so much better. In fact 100x better.

So, why did you vote for Trump?

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL

1. % of deaths as a result of A) Assault weapons, B) Handguns or C) knives in the US in the last decade. what has this got to do with anything? The 100x more competent idiot is focusing on limiting weapons that had virtually no impact on crime over the past decade. If you want to do anything meaningful on public safety ban handguns and/or knives. Competence Rating F
2. Who built the "cages" that housed unaccompanied minors on the Southern Border? How many unaccompanied minors are being housed in those "cages" now vs. the peak of the Trump administration? Who built the cages in irrelevant, it was the barbaric policy of child separation that was the issue. Biden built the "cages" and they are now FILLED to overflowing with separated children because of his policies. Competence Rating F
3. Did a record number of African Americans and Hispanic-Americans vote for Trump in 2020, Yes or No? What has that got to do with anything? Trump was such an awful racist that a record number of minorities voted for him.
4. What was the % of Americans living in poverty under Obama vs. under Trump? The rates have gone down at a equal rate since 2014. Sorry, go back and check your sources. Under the Trump administration a record number of Americans - 5 times more than 2 term Obama, escaped Poverty.
5. How many wars did Trump start vs. the eight preceding Presidents? didn't stop any of them, Biden is actually bringing troops home. Trump's policy was to end ALL foreign wars and bring back ALL American Troops but he was blocked by Democratic House AND unlike ALL of his predecessors, didn't feel the need to start bombing innocent civilians.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL

I didn't and I never would. Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama, Biden* were/are responsible for unimaginable suffering because the MIC truly runs this country. They've wasted trillions of dollars and facilitated the murders of millions of innocents for decades. I'd vote for ANY candidate from any party who did 2 things. Term limits and a promise not to wage war. Trump was the least worst of my generation. To claim anything else is absurd. To claim that Biden is anything other than a corrupt and incompetent serial liar is too much.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
I didn't and I never would. Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama, Biden* were/are responsible for unimaginable suffering because the MIC truly runs this country. They've wasted trillions of dollars and facilitated the murders of millions of innocents for decades. I'd vote for ANY candidate from any party who did 2 things. Term limits and a promise not to wage war. Trump was the least worst of my generation. To claim anything else is absurd. To claim that Biden is anything other than a corrupt and incompetent serial liar is too much.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I believe you. I've no problem with you being pissed off with Bush, clinton etc etc are the endless wars. But to, in any way claim that Trump is better is laughable. He was/ is the head of the republican party FFS the party that kicked off the endless wars! He did wage war, or at least tried to by killing the Iranian general. He bombed like ****ing crazy, and completely ****ed over US allies with the Kurds.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thank you. Your last paragraph here does indeed now make it clearer :thumbsup:

Thread has gone seriously downhill since we left it ???

Someone has gone Full American :mad:

Personally I'd always vote Hitler because he stuck to watercolours, and didn't allow his reach to exceed his grasp with oils, like some other candidates I could mention. ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I believe you. I've no problem with you being pissed off with Bush, clinton etc etc are the endless wars. But to, in any way claim that Trump is better is laughable. He was/ is the head of the republican party FFS the party that kicked off the endless wars! He did wage war, or at least tried to by killing the Iranian general. He bombed like ****ing crazy, and completely ****ed over US allies with the Kurds.

Calm down dear. There is no need to get analytical.

Trump is a ****.

That's all* you need to declare.

It doesn't matter if he failed to get the trains to run on time.

(*and his watercolours are even shitter than Hitler's. Just sayin', like)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here