Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Trick or Treat

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Had quite a number of Trick or Theaters last night. Much to my daughters disappointment as the left over tuck was getting smaller and smaller

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
We also had many many children in South Portslade but we have a halloween friendly cul-de-sac where several houses embrace it. As I have a six year old who loves it our display has been steadily getting better.

We also ran out of sweets (and enthusiasm) by about 8pm after 2 1/2 hours of door knocking. Lots of lovely kids with great make up and costumes. several lazy kids with a £2 mask only, one little fat kid that tried to take handfuls of sweets rather than the customary one - I had to tell him off in front of his parents.

Highlight was scaring a little girl so much she ran back to her parents and wouldn't take a sweet even after I removed my mask and said sorry. (or perhaps it was just my old face that scared her)

SAC

May 21, 2014
Cycling home, there were numerous kamikaze trick or treat-ers. Spent half my journey braking whilst another group shot across the road without looking.

Most of the kids in my street have grown up now and we only had one caller. Great news for me as we bought a tin of heroes.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
we've had street parties in recent years, but a few neighbors have moved and some of the kids have grown out of it all . . . we we've been away most of this week so it was very quiet last night.

At least the dogs not sick having been fed toxic sweets by toddlers ;-)

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
With the recent global exposure on plastic and Halloween being predominately plastic, Shirley it's days are numbered?

The Yanks won't stop, they don't give a monkey's about the environment anyway ...

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Had 13 knocks on the door in total, probably cos word got round about the mulled wine I was giving to the parents!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sussex should be for bonfire so halloween can f off (and I say that from West Yorkshire).

Having said that the West Sussex lot have mostly not caught on to the bonfire stuff so what hope do they have?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sussex should be for bonfire so halloween can f off (and I say that from West Yorkshire).

Having said that the West Sussex lot have mostly not caught on to the bonfire stuff so what hope do they have?

I'm with you, Guy Fawkes night has always meant something. Halloween just screamed septic bollocks to me, in West Sussex!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Newhaven Bonfire Society is going well.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
None, fortunately.

But there was a big sign up on the window. Usually there's a bit of noise before they disappear. A fortnight ago, some Irish travellers were offering to tarmac our path with a knock at the door. "No! Does it look like it needs doing?" After working - unlike those pikies - a drone (I think anyway) dropped a brick on a roof window, smashing it. I went charging up the road calling them *$€=£÷$ and threatening to beat the sh1t out of them with a baseball bat. I would have used it as well, even putting one in a coma to protect my family. Over-the-top? Not at the time and £120 to get the outer glass fixed - w@nkers. :wanker:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In Sweden we have confused the shit out of this tradition since it came in the 90s. The kids come on October 31, tonight and tomorrow will probably be the busiest of all. They will probably be coming next week again and some got trick & treaters last week. Like any other sane single 30 year old man I lock all doors and windows, turn off all lights and hide in a dead angle that cant be seen from outside.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good to hear that. Do they have their own night now?

I had wondered if there might be enough expats to start one up here, it would be great to bring a taste of Sussex to Yorkshire.

Not yet.

My son was born in Shoreham, but as a firefighter would be on duty.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Anyone trying trick or treat here get the hose turned on them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here