Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trevor Sinclair

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I've rarely listened to TS over the last 15 months, but gave it a go today to swerve Naga Munchetty's 'the world is nigh' narrative dressed as news, that the Indian Variant's about to fill our hospitals.

Surely the world is always now rather than nigh?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Which is why I swerve stations like R5 now and do like a bit of stuff in the background like TS particularly wen we’ve won

Knowing you a bit, I guessed that was why you listened to TS during the day. :smile:

Two honourable R5 exceptions:

- Nicky Campbell's 9 til 10 phone ins. I like him and it's an amusing binfest of "No, you wait a minute, I was talking first" ********s at each others throats. (@Harry Wilson's tackle also enjoys that show).

- Tony Livesey and Anna Walker 4 til 7. They're deliberately focus on positives and don't try and bully interviewees.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
TS is Ok. Although a bit pompous, Simon Jordan speaks some sense and his Palace connection doesn’t always shine through (except for mentioning Zaha being in the academy when he was in charge)

But I only tend to have it on occasionally for Jim White and the random show after (Hawksbee / jacobs / rushden throw a 6 to start as to who presents that day)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
TS is Ok. Although a bit pompous, Simon Jordan speaks some sense and his Palace connection doesn’t always shine through (except for mentioning Zaha being in the academy when he was in charge)

But I only tend to have it on occasionally for Jim White and the random show after (Hawksbee / jacobs / rushden throw a 6 to start as to who presents that day)

I sometimes tune in at 1 after a Chelsea defeat, to listen to the overreaction from Jacobs. Anger against the club and/or coach.

They actually joke about that, aware that loads of supporters of other clubs make a visit to hear the rant.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I was reduced to listening to talkshite for the commentary last night. I was stunned at how ignorant Danny Mills was. I can accept his massive bias but his views on Potter and Brighton were based on zero knowledge beyond playing FIFA in his bedroom that morning. He banged on about Bielsa being a genius instead and then I remembered he is a split Leeds/Man City double downed gimp.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As always with TalkSPORT, it really depends on who’s presenting. If it’s Laura Woods, Ally McCoist, H and J, Danny Kelly, Simon Jordan and some times Goughie and Durham it’ll be a fairly balanced and well thought out show. If it’s Jim White, Alan Brazil, Jamie O’Hara it’ll be the usual top 6 reach around.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was reduced to listening to talkative for the commentary last night. I was stunned at how ignorant Danny Mills was. I can accept his massive bias but his views on Potter and Brighton were based on zero knowledge beyond playing FIFA in his bedroom that morning. He banged on about Bielsa being a genius instead and then I remembered he is a split Leeds/Man City double downed gimp.

Listening to Mills on the GameDay podcast it’s very evident he dislikes us over the Ben White ordeal and also that he clearly never watched us and knows dick all about how we play. He commented that Ben White will be judged harshly at Brighton as the goals against column never looks good in a struggling team, yet we’ve conceded 9 fewer than Leeds. What a nob.

Last edited:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

Andy Jacobs only does the H&J show on Monday and Friday currently. His wife had a stroke earlier this year or late last year. He's stepped back to care for her through her recovery. Max does Tuesday, Wenesday and Thursday.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I just wonder why the f**k anybody listens to that crap station in the first place, total bellends the lot of them.

:shit:

Indeed but for all the lack of love for Adrian Durham I like him. The clip of his discussion with Goughy about being in the Albion away end at Tottenham and the Bissouma song was brilliant. Especially as they both sang it. Durham is a proper lower league fan with a fantastic knowledge of football even though he is on a wind up sometimes

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Andy Jacobs only does the H&J show on Monday and Friday currently. His wife had a stroke earlier this year or late last year. He's stepped back to care for her through her recovery. Max does Tuesday, Wenesday and Thursday.

Ah I did not realise, does he also not do the show in the studio or another studio? I had assumed it was some kind of COVID thing ,perhaps one of their partners was front line NHS or similar

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As with all stations, there are pluses and minuses. I find White and Brazil unlistenable, same with most of the commentaries - their commentators are dreadful and their co-comms are even worse.

That said, I don't mind Jordan and Rushden and Laura Woods is one of the best presenters around.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why are so many people listening to TalkShite? Listen to something more worthwhile, like total silence.

Well said. Chap at work had it on, many years ago. That was the first and last time I listened - sounded like Radio Gammon populated by men who have no shame about getting pissed before lunchtime and then joining in a phone-in (I'm talking about the presenters; and yet somehow the callers were even worse). Once bitten....:shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Knowing you a bit, I guessed that was why you listened to TS during the day. :smile:

Two honourable R5 exceptions:

- Nicky Campbell's 9 til 10 phone ins. I like him and it's an amusing binfest of "No, you wait a minute, I was talking first" ********s at each others throats. (@Harry Wilson's tackle also enjoys that show).

- Tony Livesey and Anna Walker 4 til 7. They're deliberately focus on positives and don't try and bully interviewees.

Oh that 4/7 show ..two lovely presenters

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Indeed but for all the lack of love for Adrian Durham I like him. The clip of his discussion with Goughy about being in the Albion away end at Tottenham and the Bissouma song was brilliant. Especially as they both sang it. Durham is a proper lower league fan with a fantastic knowledge of football even though he is on a wind up sometimes

Have you got a link to the clip?

And I wonder how long it took him to learn the words :)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

That was a good clip.

Unfortunately Durham then started calling GP Graham ‘Plodder’.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sinclair still going on about it pre Burnley match ...said it was hard for him to be objective ..but then listed Ali’s challenge ..then the penalty appeal..but no mention of the Garcia handball ...what a turnip

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Last night Mills gave MOTM to Foden- you could hear the panic when he realised it was his choice and he'd barely payed any attention to us.
(anyone with even an ounce of footballing knowledge would've given it to Biss, Burn or Tross)
This idea that everyone who has played football at a decent level know everything about football is total bobbins.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Last night Mills gave MOTM to Foden- you could hear the panic when he realised it was his choice and he'd barely payed any attention to us.
(anyone with even an ounce of footballing knowledge would've given it to Biss, Burn or Tross)
This idea that everyone who has played football at a decent level know everything about football is total bobbins.

Are you joking? He picked Foden? **** me what a bell smoocher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here