Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trent Alexander Arnold's After Academy to support released young players

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Have to say that, having previously had little time for TAA, this has changed my view completely. Personally funding the project for 5 years is a fantastic thing to do.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I remember seeing a piece about a boy who was at the Crystal Palace academy. He was about 13. He was absolutely driven and his parents were just the same. My immediate thought was how he would cope if he was released. Essentially these kids are operating in a world that only adults have to embrace. Competitive, dog eat dog. I'm really pleased that TAA has seen this. He always came across as a gracious and balanced lad.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Offers hope to some incredibly vulnerable young people. Shame it's taken so long for a star player to come up with such a fantastic initiative.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What led you to have little time for TAA in the first place?

He might not be the best defender but he’s always come across as a decent lad.

With incredible assists stats, a brilliant passer and he’s won the lot.

A long interview on BBC Breakfast this morning, they featured young men whose dreams had been shattered, this is a wonderful new resource for these folk.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There’s a great book/video called No Hunger In Paradise about football academies and the young players.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
What led you to have little time for TAA in the first place?

He might not be the best defender but he’s always come across as a decent lad.
Yes, fair point. It comes across in print harsher than intended. I'm just not that familiar with him outside of 'on the pitch'

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Many years ago I used to give digs to apprentices and triallists at the Albion. Apprentices did college once a week but treated it as a day off. For many it was their only chance in life as they either lost or had no other focus at school. For the vast majority it all ended in disappointment and an uncertain future. Good on TAA for his initiative.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here