Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travelling

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
My daughter and her boyfriend went travelling in 2004/5. Firstly, taking in India and Malaysia then onto Oz. There they both got jobs in Sydney and lived in a shared rented house with other ex-pats.

The purpose for working was to supplement their savings and carry on touring around the world. My daughter actually got a decent job in a multi-national bank where she worked for 6 months.

They found that getting jobs was not too difficult, but as with anything there are good and bad. She said that Aussie employers really appreciate the British work ethic and because of that there is a distinct advantage when applying for a job.

When it was time for my daughter to leave the bank offered her a 4 year contract to stay on! She refused, and she and her boyfriend then bought a car and toured Oz and then sold the car to fellow travellers.

Onward then to New Zealand, Pacific islands and Canada before returning home after 11 months away.

Hope this info. is of some help and hope that you have as enjoyable a time as my daughter did.

Thanks for the info,if i got offered that job I would probably take it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here