Travelling to falmer from B.Hill

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Just noticed you can cut 20mins off your journey time if go from 'Wivelsfield' via Lewes.

Rather than heading into Brighton and out.

FYI

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Only 38 years.....

I was thinking more of the people living near B.Hill station actually.....(you do know there are 2 stations in Burgess hill)

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Yeah. I used to go to Lewes a lot from BH and would never of thought of going through Brighton to get to the Amex. Fair enough though.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Good tip! I'm a fellow Hillian and I would've done the BH -> Brighton -> Falmer route too. I think I've only ever been on the Lewes line when I've headed down for Bonfire night, so had no idea that Falmer was on the same line?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good tip! I'm a fellow Hillian and I would've done the BH -> Brighton -> Falmer route too. I think I've only ever been on the Lewes line when I've headed down for Bonfire night, so had no idea that Falmer was on the same line?

It's not on the same line. You have to change at Lewes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the best way was, go to PP stn, then train to falmer from there?

Erm, if you did this you would need to either:-

A) Get back on the next train to BTN where you would change for one to Lewes.
B) Walk to the opposite platform, catch a train up to Wivelsfield, wait for one to go to Lewes, where you could change for one for Falmer
C) Lick the live rail.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Arent they going to put on special trains on matchdays that go down into Brighton and then out again to Falmer without the need to change? I thought I read that somewhere although my have just been wishful thinking!

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
network_map_full.jpg

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just noticed you can cut 20mins off your journey time if go from 'Wivelsfield' via Lewes.

FYI
Is this advice optional?
I live in Southwick.

D

Deleted member 18477

FYI

only problem is half of bhill live nearer bhill station though. so would save no time at all :(. that mid sussex coach is a great shout BUT at 5 times the price?? i'll stick to my £1 journey and just be patient for the time being...

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Judging by that map, i'm going to get off at Cocksbridge and walk ten minutes to Falmer. Lovely.

I went to Cooksbridge before and was waiting for a train. Was told by a guy that they don't stop there on the weekend.
That was about 4 years ago though.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I went to Cooksbridge before and was waiting for a train. Was told by a guy that they don't stop there on the weekend.
That was about 4 years ago though.

Midweek games it'll have to be then. Or pulling emergency chords in fear of an oncoming seizure that will be fortnightly incorrect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports