Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travellers are now in Hove

Jan 30, 2008
Also turned up at Brighton racecourse top of wilson avenue /warren road and a load more at stanley deason college FFS
regards
DR

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Then what?
It goes to the police. Then they have to find and identify the culprit and charge them and then they get bail. Then their court date finally comes round months later and nobody turns up.

Well lets all give up then.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Jason Kit f**kin Kat, like rabbits caught in headlights, the Pi**ys are taking the p**s and they actually haven't got a scooby doo.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I wonder if half a dozen of us went and pitched tents or moved caravans on to the same site, what the police would do? They'd move us on surely?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I wonder if half a dozen of us went and pitched tents or moved caravans on to the same site, what the police would do? They'd move us on surely?
There's a dude who lives in a two man tent on the grassy roof of the King Alfred bowling alley. The rozzers will probably go for him before the travellers

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Jason Kit f**kin Kat, like rabbits caught in headlights, the Pi**ys are taking the p**s and they actually haven't got a scooby doo.

These type of travellers have been coming to Brighton for donkeys years so it is hardly a problem of Kitkats making - exactly the same issues occurred under Tory and Labour administrations but now the council have developed a policy on how to deal with them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
These type of travellers have been coming to Brighton for donkeys years so it is hardly a problem of Kitkats making - exactly the same issues occurred under Tory and Labour administrations. The council have now developed a policy on how to deal with them which involves inviting the leeches in and allowing them to take the pixx out of local residents/council taxpayers at every opportunity.

Edited for accuracy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They leave an horrendous mess behind them and then local residents have to pay through their council tax to clean it up. I think the police should start nicking them for trespassing just to get the message across that their behaviour is unacceptable.

Zero chance of that. Just watch Sussex Police stand back and do absolutely nothing.

You can't trespass on public property, can you?

Trespass isn't a criminal offence. Criminal damage is though
Then what?
It goes to the police. Then they have to find and identify the culprit and charge them and then they get bail. Then their court date finally comes round months later and nobody turns up.

Unfortunately, very true.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
Why do the council not put up signs with overnight camping charges of say £1000 a night and when they refuse to pay take civil action to reclaim goods to the value of what is owed and then send in the bailiffs.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
These type of travellers have been coming to Brighton for donkeys years so it is hardly a problem of Kitkats making - exactly the same issues occurred under Tory and Labour administrations but now the council have developed a policy on how to deal with them.

Agreed but given the 'excuse' from the police and the council is that they only have limited powers to deal with this problem you'd think Kitcat, the council CEO, Katy Bourne, Mike Weatherby, Caroline Lucas, Simon Kirby and every elected councillor would be lobbying the government hard and publicly for more powers ....... and there goes the tumbleweed ..... not a peep - they have all failed this city. I suggest when these people are canvassing for votes next year people remember to ask them how many letters, emails and phone calls they have made to try and get further powers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i don't live in Brighton or Hove thankfully...from the outside it seems this problem is getting worse ..they just move from site to site...i wonder what the cost of all this is re legal and cleaning up...seems to me they are just taking the piss

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
One of these magic strings

products_bird_pyrotechnics.jpg

One disturbed night - No more travellers :whistle:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Napalm

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Agreed but given the 'excuse' from the police and the council is that they only have limited powers to deal with this problem you'd think Kitcat, the council CEO, Katy Bourne, Mike Weatherby, Caroline Lucas, Simon Kirby and every elected councillor would be lobbying the government hard and publicly for more powers ....... and there goes the tumbleweed ..... not a peep - they have all failed this city. I suggest when these people are canvassing for votes next year people remember to ask them how many letters, emails and phone calls they have made to try and get further powers.

I think they have the powers , it's the resources that are in short supply and the risk of offending the very few people that feel sorry for them .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here