Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel Vouchers now required for ALL bus journeys - looks like no more free travel?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Brighton & Hove Buses have today changed the wording on their website, it no longer says "You will also be able to show your smartcard season ticket to the driver for free travel to the match." as it had done up until today.

For Services P, R and S the wording has been changed to say "Brighton & Hove Buses is pleased to be providing a network of bus routes serving the Amex Stadium on match days. The Albion are selling travel vouchers with their season tickets. You show your travel voucher to each driver on your way to the Stadium"

For Park and Ride Buses the wording has been changed to say "Park & Ride services will only accept travel vouchers issued by the football club and national concessionary passes for travel. If you have any further queries regarding acceptance of tickets on the park and ride services, you can contact the club on tickets[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION].co.uk or 01273 878288."

For Normal Route Buses the wording says "On normal bus routes, we will accept valid Bus ID holders for 20p per journey when they travel with an adult who possesses a match travel voucher on match days".

At last, the club and bus company have caught up and it looks like this is the end of free bus travel by just showing a season ticket on any bus service on the way to or from games with travel vouchers now required starting with the next game I assume.

good, no more idiots just sauntering up to busses without tickets. hopefully.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
although I have a book of vouchers, I wonder who actually are the 'idiots' you refer to, those that pay hard earned cash for something or those that get exactly the same service free of charge without any fear of 'comeback'?

ahahaha, sorry boss, wrong wording. I meant idiot as in the people you get trying to lecture drivers when they don't have vouchers. Pretty sure some bloke got ejected for that reason the other day, one of the rare times driver looked at tickets.

It's mind-boggling really. If you don't have a ticket, don't argue..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here