Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Travel to Wembley

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’ve been to Wembley since Feb 77 the first was a school trip to see Cryuff’s Netherlands outclass England under light. Genuinely I used to sleep dream about that experience years later, magical.
England Moldova - 4-0 win - Scholes Gazza and Wright x2 - Gazza was phenomenal and I saw David Beckham. Elton John did candle in the wind live I think… 97 maybe

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Already posted elsewhere, but if anyone wants to AVOID the crowds get a tube out west to Sudbury Town on the Piccadilly Line. It will be empty. Wembley is about 30 mins walk from there. You'll only encounter a very small number of fans until you near the stadium.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Compared to the seats on Stagecoach 17 they may be okay. Very poor legroom and the ergonomics of the seat are appalling. I got on a Thameslink out of Brighton recently to go to London but was so uncomfortable that I jumped platforms at Haywards Heath onto a Southern train.

They are designed for that push through London where they are great people movers and the light and airy carriages can accommodate more people standing but I would hate to do the full run from the coast to Cambridge on one without a trained osteopath waiting at the other end.
I take your point when it comes to travelling from one end of the line to the other. I though, like most other passengers, would only take it for shorter legs, in my case Horsham to Gatwick, or through to one of the London stations for a day in the city.

Funnily enough l was contemplating doing a day trip to Peterborough using my Senior Railcard, just for the hell of it, so perhaps l too would end up with a very numb bum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here