Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Travel to the stadium

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Hey everyone.

I usually walk to the stadium as I lived near Falmer however I have now moved & I'll be travelling into Brighton via bus for the game tomorrow . I have heard so many horror stories over the years of the trains, the park and ride being a disaster at Mill Road etc. What is the 'best' way to get to the stadium nowadays? Considering getting the 25 from the Old Steine. Trying the train or is it worth going to Mill Road and getting the park and ride?

Walking isn't an option for me timewise

Thanks in advance!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yep, the shit show at the station, barely moving for an hour despite getting there before 6.30 meant we arrived on 20 mins
A bit late for this game obviously, but for future reference if you find yourself stuck in a similar situation... If you come out the station and walk down Trafalgar Street you can pick up a 25 or 49 bus at St Peters Church. There's even the odd 5B that goes from there all the way to the Uni instead of only going as far as Hollingbury Asda. Or, worst comes to worst, get 4 or 5 of you together and catch a cab from out the back of the station. Always good to have a Plan B prepared

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The trains generally aren't that bad provided you don't mind waiting around for a while and being packed in

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
The trains generally aren't that bad provided you don't mind waiting around for a while and being packed in
I used it once as I happened to be in central Brighton for the Newcastle game and it was awful. Granted it was very hot and the sun was on us directly for ages but had to wait over an hour and people were shoving into each other constantly

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
From Old Steine? If so, do you recommend a good time to get there? Not sure how long to leave to travel. Presuming you just show your match day ticket/season ticket on your phone to get on?
They come about every seven minutes. Travel time about 25 minutes.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hey everyone.

I usually walk to the stadium as I lived near Falmer however I have now moved & I'll be travelling into Brighton via bus for the game tomorrow . I have heard so many horror stories over the years of the trains, the park and ride being a disaster at Mill Road etc. What is the 'best' way to get to the stadium nowadays? Considering getting the 25 from the Old Steine. Trying the train or is it worth going to Mill Road and getting the park and ride?

Walking isn't an option for me timewise

Thanks in advance!
You haven’t actually said where you are starting your journey from (ie where you moved to).

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Most of the options for travelling to the Amex usually work ok but they all have hiccups from time to time.
Many would say that the more important question is what is the best option to travel back from the Amex to your starting point. And there simply isn't an obvious answer to this question, especially if you want to clap them off at full time but don't want to have a pint on the concourse afterwards.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Didn't include it as I can and will happily go to Mill Road, train station or old steine etc. But near Haywards Heath
Going via Lewes is also an option for you then. I’ll leave others to advise as I don’t travel from that way. On the way to the match I wouldn’t bother come from the station down to get the bus as not usually too much bother on the train before a match. Yes you just show your ticket to driver or at the ticket gates

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here