Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel Insurance

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I am going to India in a couple of weeks, anyone know of any good cheap places to get travel insurance on the internet?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I usually get travel insurance from Tesco via the net. Very good rates and very efficient too.

Have a good trip
:wave:

Springal said:
http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/

cheapest place, every time for me!!!
Having just shelled out for travel insurance for the young Miss Bracknell's forthcoming trip to Cambodia, I was a bit worried to think that I might have found a better deal somewhere else.

But no.

What cost £84.75 at Insure and Go was quoted at £120 by Springal's people.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
sorry :(

to be fair, I have only ever used them for week trips to Europe [not ski'ing] and everytime I found them cheap enough to not really worry about shopping around [i was only going off quotes from lloyds + travel agents]

Different companies will offer varying levels of value for money, depending on whether it's a longish trip (like Miss B's to Cambodia) or a short trip (like culvers to India).

Avoid travel agents' quotes at all costs, though. That's like insuring an electric kettle by taking up a five-year warranty offer from Comet.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've used several and have found them much of a muchness. I did have to claim on a Llyods policy and can say that they paid up promptly without any argument.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Get yourself a Gold or Platinum card at most Banks and they give you free travel insurance:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here