Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Traore

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I still reckon he's overrated. He runs fast, is physically strong, but besides that he has no endgame. Remember, I'm biased because I don't like them who play in, well, dirty orange, but he's one hamstring injury away from being shipped out to the championship

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Genuine question. I was at Priestfield when we lost to Barnet with just over 1000 there but can’t remember ever getting less than 1000. Which match are you referring to?

It was dark, cold, raining and think November? An evening game. England played that night at Wembley too. We had circa 1000 fans. A record low home crowd in our history. Was it Darlington or Rochdale? Not sure. All I remember was it was dire and officially our lowest ever (still) to this day ‘home’ crowd. When you take off the attendance the club freebies definitely less than 1000 there. I mean, we all got used to lots of space but that night it was a terrace each! Depressing doesn’t do say it. My god, remember long drive home in despair that night wondering how on Earth our club was going to survive.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It was dark, cold, raining and think November? An evening game. England played that night at Wembley too. We had circa 1000 fans. A record low home crowd in our history. Was it Darlington or Rochdale? Not sure. All I remember was it was dire and officially our lowest ever (still) to this day ‘home’ crowd. When you take off the attendance the club freebies definitely less than 1000 there. I mean, we all got used to lots of space but that night it was a terrace each! Depressing doesn’t do say it. My god, remember long drive home in despair that night wondering how on Earth our club was going to survive.

That’s the match I was thinking of. It was on the evening of 5th November, Man U were playing Barcelona (on TV) and we were singing “Brian Horton’s B & W army” non stop as we shipped goal after goal.

I think the official attendance was around 1020 but I agree it was probably less.

it was hard work in those days wasn’t it?

el punal

He was unplayable yesterday. At one stage he brushed aside 3 or 4 players and then left them for dead with pace. Impossible to shake off the ball most of the time. Most impressive opposition player I’ve seen at the Amex for a long long time.

No shame in us not being able to stop him and not sure how any plan would have worked with the way he was playing. Strong, quick, and fast feet.

There were ripples of applause in the WSL when he was subbed.

Spot on. I was relieved when he was subbed, even though it was injury time, because it meant Wolves were “wasting time” to end the game as a draw. Another one of his forays down the wing could easily have led to a last gasp winner.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That’s the match I was thinking of. It was on the evening of 5th November, Man U were playing Barcelona (on TV) and we were singing “Brian Horton’s B & W army” non stop as we shipped goal after goal.

I think the official attendance was around 1020 but I agree it was probably less.

it was hard work in those days wasn’t it?

That’s right, sorry, it was champs league game not England the same night. But who did we play? Was it Darlo? Rochdale? Someone must know. Remember the drive home, even Richard Littlejohn asked anyone attending to phone in and say why?! Never did I get used to that multiple motorways journey, Gillingham was a damned difficult place to find which in many ways was and remains a blessing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I still reckon he's overrated. He runs fast, is physically strong, but besides that he has no endgame. Remember, I'm biased because I don't like them who play in, well, dirty orange, but he's one hamstring injury away from being shipped out to the championship

I’d rather have Jota. He’s got it all, including a great football brain.

theboybilly

Traore is very quick with no end product unlike both Townsend and Zaha in our next game. I dread to think what they will do against Webster and Burn, I dont think the prospects are good.

Montoya, should get the nod for this one as he had the measure of Zaha last time out. He doesn't dive in like so many. With a little help from Alzate we could have that threat lessened considerably

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Absolutely unplayable. I remember seeing him at Middlesbrough in the cup (last year?) and you could just see he was class.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Incredible speed and strength. Just barged Mendy off the ball for the second goal.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Arguably the most improved player in the Premier League this season.

An unstoppable force this evening.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wonder what his pb is for 100 metres? I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone sub 10 seconds.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Best player on the pitch at the Amex too, maybe you weren’t there?

My word, yes, I think he came off towards the end and am sure I heard Dan Burn say ‘thank goodness’.

Absolutely destroyed us at times and a danger throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here