Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transport to Amex

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Annoyingly the 5B bus does go all the way up to the Uni at Falmer but only during 'peak times' - which appears not to include any sporting event of 25,000 people.

True, the last 5B that is extended to the Uni, leaves Preston Circus at 17.14, so you would need to make an early start. I have used it once or twice, and it can take a long time to reach it's destination in the rush hour, over an hour on one occasion I seem to remember.

Much better to take the train option from London Road, or hop on any bus heading south, alight at St.Peter's Church, and change to a 25, 25X, 28, or 29, to complete your journey.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I get the train from London Road a few times a season; as others have said just get up the very front of the train and you'll be fine. There's always room.

No need to come back to Brighton first.

The bus-via-town idea is only worth taking if you or your boy have an irrational phobia of trains, or an irrational partiality to wasting loads of time.

If you're the slightest bit claustrophobic and want to catch the train it might be best to do the London Rd - Btn - London Rd shuttle. It means that you are the first on the train at Brighton and can sit in comfort, reading the paper and ignoring the suffocation all around you on the way back to Falmer. It adds ten mins to the journey but is very civilised.

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Many thanks for the advice.

Looking forward to the game.

First Friday night Amex game for us.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bringing my 12 yo son to the Amex for the first time Friday night and bringing the family to Brighton for the w-e.

Staying by Preston Park

Will it be impossible to get train from London Road to Falmer because they'll all be full leaving Brighton ? Are all the no. 25 buses going to be full by the time they get to Lewes Road ?

Have got car so could take it to Park and Ride - what time are they full by.

Last time I took him to a game was Wolves and got stuck on M5 and nearly missed Hemed's penalty.

50 years since I let Brighton so any recommendations welcome.
contact the club they and tell them you bringing your son for his first visit they may do somthing special for you. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here