Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

transport problems on sat

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
just to let you know

The Transport for London network is being upgraded through a programme of improvement works.

If you are planning to travel this weekend 7/8 March 2009, please check if any of the following works will affect you.

For a map highlighting planned improvement works this weekend, please click here

central line
Between Liverpool Street and Leytonstone there is no service due to track replacement work on Sunday. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

circle
There is no service on the entire line due to track replacement work and Network Rail redevelopment work at Blackfriars. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Blackfriars station is closed for improvement work until late 2011. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

district
Between Earl's Court and Whitechapel there is no service due to track replacement work and Network Rail redevelopment work at Blackfriars. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Blackfriars station is closed for improvement work until late 2011. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

jubillee
Between London Bridge and Neasden there is no service due to line upgrade work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

metropolitan
Between Wembley Park and Uxbridge/Northwood there is no service due to track replacement work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

northern
Between Stockwell and Morden there is no service due to line upgrade work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Both Clapham Common and Oval stations are closed for improvement work on Sunday from 2200. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

picadilly
Hatton Cross station is closed for improvement work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Covent Garden station opens at 0800 Sunday - Thursday and closes at 2330 Sunday - Wednesday for improvement work until late March.

overground
Between Gospel Oak and Barking there is no service on Sunday.

Between Watford Junction and Willesden Junction there is no service on Sunday.

Between Richmond and Willesden Junction there is no service on Sunday

For more information on these engineering works click here

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's fine, looks worse than it is. In fact, you could edit your post down to what might effect Brighton fans and end up with this...

circle
There is no service on the entire line due to track replacement work and Network Rail redevelopment work at Blackfriars. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

district
Between Earl's Court and Whitechapel there is no service due to track replacement work and Network Rail redevelopment work at Blackfriars. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Meh, use the jubilee east if you want, or the central, hammersith and met line is alright. There's f*** all wrong really. No need to get the circle line EVER anyway. The only one that is annoying might be the district line but I still wouldn't bother with that.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's fine, looks worse than it is. In fact, you could edit your post down to what might effect Brighton fans and end up with this...

There's f*** all wrong really. No need to get the central line EVER anyway..

...well, apart from going to brisbane road :lolol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
So, I can't be arsed to work all this out. If I am going from Brighton to the ground someone tell me which route I need to go PLEEEASEEE. Ta v much x

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So, I can't be arsed to work all this out. If I am going from Brighton to the ground someone tell me which route I need to go PLEEEASEEE. Ta v much x

If going to Victoria
Victoria line to Oxford Circus - change - Central line to Leyton

If going to London Bridge
Jubilee to Straford - change- central to Leyton

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Ive decided im driving to this one
Trained it before and took longer than the car plus i hate london

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Full cross London service will operate, but with no trains calling at London Bridge
When 07 March 2009 to 07 March 2009
What

A train service will operate through Central London between Bedford/Luton and Sutton/Brighton; however trains will be unable to call at London Bridge. Brighton services will call additionally at Tulse Hill.
Alternative arrangements

(First Capital Connect tickets can be used for travel on these routes):The following alternatives will be available:

Travelling to/from London Bridge (from the North): Please use the following routes:

* Northern Line between Kentish Town, King's Cross St Pancras and London Bridge
* Bus route 17 between Ludgate Circus (5 minutes walk from Blackfriars/City Thameslink) and London Bridge

Travelling to/from London Bridge (from the South): Please use the following routes:

* Southern services between Tulse Hill and London Bridge

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/Main.php?iCmsPageId=64&sCalDate=2009-03&sViewDate=2009-03-07&sF=1

:angry:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here