Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfers, McGhee, LDC

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
attila said:
Morning everyone: a few thoughts, for what they are worth.

At the Falmer For All meeting we had the other night (to plan the Lib Dem conference demo among other things) Dick was bemoaning the role of agents in all matters Albion right now (which ties up with the latest Argus reports at any rate)

I took it upon myself to tell him what most of us everywhere are thinking (including most if not all of those at the meeting, the core activists of the Albion) that given McGhee's talent for falling out with players/dropping them for reasons unconnected with football/substituting them when they are playing brilliantly/refusing to play them, seemingly, purely because the fans want him to.... it was not inconceivable that potential new players might be put off coming!

I also said that if we want to fill Withdean and maintain the spirits of us fans for the ongoing, unceasing, never ending, interminable, Sisyphean battle for Falmer against the loathesome LDC something has to be done soon. In my opinion McGhee has done a great job in the past, but that is the past.

We'll see. I have no more idea what will happen than anyone else. I do think that the current situation is totally unacceptable.

On a happier note. It is increasingly obvious to the local Lib Dems outside Lewes that their stance is a vote loser and an embarassment, and I've suggested to some that they should do something about it. There will be local Lib Dems on our demonstration with a banner
in support of the stadium, they will speak at the rally, and they have promised to try and get a motion in support debated at conference.

I have lots of difficult family stuff going on right now and am not up there shouting any more (which will please some people) but I'm as fed up as everyone else!

J
Attila - Are you calling for McGhee to be sacked?

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Agree it could be interpreted like that but as Atilla is someone who has an official role at the club, I just wanted him to be clear about this.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Sneaky George said:
Agree it could be interpreted like that but as Atilla is someone who has an official role at the club, I just wanted him to be clear about this.

He's having a whinge to his boss about another of the bosses in the company. Goes on all the time in offices, and as an employee he is entitled to do so.

Not sure about the wisdom of going public with it, but at least we know that the fans voice has been heard. If we lose at Millwall, the Bournemouth game will be interesting.

WhereSeagullsFly

Oct 27, 2005
Long time since I posted on NSC but current frustrations lead me to agree totally with Attila. It's time for a change in management. McGhee says he did not have the available players or 'depth of squad' this weekend. We all know that. He has done his best to frighten them all off for whatever reason. CKR for example: ok so there were issues with this one but we had a striker here we just weren't using. His signings have been poor to say the least.

I've had enough of the excuses about Withdean being the reason they don't want to come. Although it clearly doesn't help, McGhee is obviously a big reason too.

Rumour has it we simply can't afford to pay him off but at what point is that statement overruled by gate receipts?

We are on a very slippery slide into oblivion, and after more than a decade of fighting my enthusiasm to continue is nearly depleted.

:bowdown: Dick Knight is not the problem. Like me he loves the Albion: otherwise why is he still there? His pockets may not be deep enough but no amount of money will fight LDC if they insist this bizarre nonsense of theirs.

Albion fans have a sense of humour unrivalled in football - it's time we show Dick our feelings about McGhee. Any bright ideas?

:albion: :falmer: :albion:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Seagull73 said:
He's having a whinge to his boss about another of the bosses in the company. Goes on all the time in offices, and as an employee he is entitled to do so.

Not sure about the wisdom of going public with it, but at least we know that the fans voice has been heard. If we lose at Millwall, the Bournemouth game will be interesting.
If people have understood him correctly ( which was why I wanted to clarify what he said in the first place ) he's calling for him to be sacked. That's a whole lot more than just having a whinge.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i think he was getting at that he is "poet in residence" and as such one of the psuedo officers of the club.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Although I can't imagine either of those roles are that important to him, it would only demonstrate his complete lack of lapdog status that he should speak out publicly (both face to face with the Chairman and here on NSC) voicing his concerns.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here