Transfer window approaching...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Bridcutt heart says 5 Mil but probably means 4 :(

Would take Andrews even at 34 years old as a stop gap till Ince is ready and JFC similarly.

Think we SHOULD buy a single amazeballs player like Ulloa but well that's easier said than done isn't it. Even a Vicente type deal just a single signing to ignite the team in some way

To be honest if they cant ignite when half the first team returns to action, then I dont think any single player we can realistically afford will manage it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
As much as Gus loves Liam, it will be a very brave move to take a championship player, unproven in the Premier league for about 4/5 million, when you are odds on to get relegated.
This is not putting down Liam, I really rate him, and feel he would be good in the top league, but a lot of pressure when you are 50% doomed

Think Gus will keep them up. He already has Sunderland organised and playing in his style. They are only a win and a draw or 2 off safety now.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Bridcutt £4m + Barnes £400k

Connor wickham in on loan

And a random Spanish player in

^ all complete guesses

What makes you think this? He's worth a LOT more than that. Scored on average a goal every 3 games or so, still young and very versatile. Worth at least £2m in my opinion.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
All pure conjecture and the same nonsense written as we had in Jan 2011, August 2011, Jan 2012, August 2012, Jan 2013 & August 2013. Bridcutt would cost Sunderland >£10m and Leo >£7.5m and that assumes that TB would be willing to sell them. Keep them for another 6 months and we may get promoted with a £120m bounty beckoning. It just doesn't make long term sense.

TNBA

TTF

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If anyone was to leave, then Ulloa would be most likely - as defenders, att' MF and Strikers are usually the players that move in January. Midfielders, especially defensive ones, dont normally go anywhere.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Transfer window approaching...Transfer window approaching...

All pure conjecture and the same nonsense written as we had in Jan 2011, August 2011, Jan 2012, August 2012, Jan 2013 & August 2013. Bridcutt would cost Sunderland >£10m and Leo >£7.5m and that assumes that TB would be willing to sell them. Keep them for another 6 months and we may get promoted with a £120m bounty beckoning. It just doesn't make long term sense.

TNBA

TTF

True, but given the contract length, Leo will cost far more than Liam.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What makes you think this? He's worth a LOT more than that. Scored on average a goal every 3 games or so, still young and very versatile. Worth at least £2m in my opinion.

He's going to be free at the end of June.

I'm sure Leo and Bridcutt will have release clauses, due to the length of their respective contracts.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Other than Conway and Lita either extending their loans or signing permanent contracts I cant see a lot happening.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

TNBA

TTF

I would have put Bridders and Spanish Len's valuations the other way around and arrived at the same total. Every player has a price at which Tony won't turn down serious money.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
The fact that he is out of contract in the summer will reduce the price. It does not relate to what he is worth

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Isn't the real question here length of contract,

If we don't extend Liam's contract then he'll be gone for nothing in the summer. Clearly if this is on the cards he will be sold in January. Ulloa is different because of the length of his contract. If my memory is correct we have quite a few players on contracts that end this summer....

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
1451390_10202404520057411_1490369650_n.jpg

Long way to go yet, let's get everyone fit then see what 'appens.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Bridcutt is a good player that's not to be questioned, but do I think he's premiership class, no I don't. For me his offensive play is lacking when playing at pace, he's fine with slow build ups and lots of time on the ball & He's clearly number one on the team sheet for us if he's fit but it's a big step up and I personally don't think anyone will go for him at that price.

No1 is going to pay £5 million for a squad player and that's what I'd see him as if at a prem team.

I'm more fearful for a 6-7 million bid for Leo, for me he has the class to make it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm not convinced by Bridcutt to Sunderland. Sunderland have that Italian bloke who does all the signings don't they? Didn't DiCanio really want Huddlestone but the Italian guy said no? If that's the case how much sway will Poyet have when it comes to signings?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Isn't the real question here length of contract,

If we don't extend Liam's contract then he'll be gone for nothing in the summer. Clearly if this is on the cards he will be sold in January. Ulloa is different because of the length of his contract. If my memory is correct we have quite a few players on contracts that end this summer....

Bridcutt signed a new contract last year until 2015, I seem to remember. Barnes is out of contract in the summer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that if Gus is 'fed up' with Cattermole he will go for an established proven Premier player in the Sidwell, Scott Parker. mould who have shown they can play at that level when making signings in January rather than Bridcutt and then deal more in trhe summer when he has secured them in the Premier. As regards Ulloa I think that he is more likely to try for Adebayor on loan.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He's going to be free at the end of June.

I'm sure Leo and Bridcutt will have release clauses, due to the length of their respective contracts.

I would say the bit about release clauses is just guesswork - arn't they quite rare ?

When Leo signed Tony made a big thing about 'protecting our investment' with a long contract - I'm not sure how a release clause fits in with that to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports