Votes: 22 24.4%
  • 5+

Votes: 24 26.7%

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
in the know or just guessing?

Hi, iv'e already stated on the Oscar thread. Hopefully i am correct on that one and i believe that another couple are in the pipeline soon. Just be patient, Oscar has only had a little time to look at where he needs to improve. I'm very optimistic though.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
A reliable source tells me that we will be signing players, or we won't. It will be either of those two only.

I can't reveal who they are, but trust me, they are in the know.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Not sure about before 31st August but quite possibly some on the 31st as we did last season...4 on the day!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Just Shorey for me but I do tend to have a rather pessimistic outlook.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We've had a couple of threads in which you've provided this response. Are you ITK about some bits and bobs?

Not at all, I just dont think we'll make any signings in the short term- maybe towards the end of July.

I don't think that would be the end of the worls, look at Palace last year. Better to spend time signing the right players with Oscar's fully informed view rather than another Harley.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Two down, two (or three...or maybe four) to go

Like i said earlier, Oscar has had a good look at the players whilst out in Spain, so he knows what he needs.
The club have played a blinder re signing Dave. He was released because he wanted a two year contract, and he is over 30.
So 1) A few weeks wages saved
2) A Years contact which the club wanted
3) A player that really wants to play for the club
4) A years contract will mean he will be committed to A) get another years contact at the end of the season or B) To make sure he is wanted by other clubs should he be released.........in short, he will be up for it i would imagine.
With the club not making quick knee jerk signings, and the Prem and Spanish clubs finalising their squads and coming back from tours, then we may get a couple more good signings. I stated before that we might have to go a few games with the squad we have because i reckon it will take the new signings a few weeks to get up to speed.
I think another 3 signings/loans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Like i said earlier, Oscar has had a good look at the players whilst out in Spain, so he knows what he needs.
The club have played a blinder re signing Dave. He was released because he wanted a two year contract, and he is over 30.
So 1) A few weeks wages saved
2) A Years contact which the club wanted
3) A player that really wants to play for the club
4) A years contract will mean he will be committed to A) get another years contact at the end of the season or B) To make sure he is wanted by other clubs should he be released.........in short, he will be up for it i would imagine.

He's got a years contract with the option of another year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here