Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Rumours And Their Reaction

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Now, any sane NSCer (surprisingly most of us) know this is rubbish

We can obviously do better...

Anyway, what is it with football fans ? Quite a number have taken the above as gospel. Fact. As indeed happens in a bigger way with more plausible rumours.

It is a micro insight into the wider problem of the internet. Folk just believe everything they read. Will we ever have a society that question's anything ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have a question: why does your interrogative sentence contain an apostrophe?
Well it's good to see someone QUESTIONED something.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Some want it to be true

Some want to be the first to call it in case it turns out to be true

Some just repeat it for “clout”

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well. The way i see it if information is good enough to be on the Internet then it has to be true, so the best course of action is to believe it 100%

When is jadon arriving?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's summer time, it's tops off weather, so the perfect time for me to get that 'SANCHO BLEEDS BHA' tattooed on my belly. This deal is as good as done. Maybe get a cheeky little tramp stamp of 'Jadon' just above my crack...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Now, any sane NSCer (surprisingly most of us) know this is rubbish

We can obviously do better...

Anyway, what is it with football fans ? Quite a number have taken the above as gospel. Fact. As indeed happens in a bigger way with more plausible rumours.

It is a micro insight into the wider problem of the internet. Folk just believe everything they read. Will we ever have a society that question's anything ?

Seems plausible, he is only on about £300k a week, with several years left on his contract, at a club with CL football next season and a fair chance of making the final.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Seems plausible, he is only on about £300k a week, with several years left on his contract, at a club with CL football next season and a fair chance of making the final.
In fairness, apart from THAT it seems reasonable.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just seen a good example of how a spurious rumour builds. A couple of weeks ago some Italian bloke on Twitter (200 followers) suggested that a young Colombian fits the profile for Brighton. An hour ago a wannabe Twitter journalist (1500 followers) announced that we are "interested" in said player. Within minutes the rumour has been repackaged and tweeted by a bunch more wannabes.

Obviously, it's bollocks but I kind of hope it miraculously comes true as he looks decent :)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
As I have no idea who we're really in for, I tend to wait until it's on the Seagulls website with a smiling PBOBE and some bloke holding up an Albion shirt

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I HERD his SIGNING is IMMINENT

'Here we gooooooo'

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here