Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfer Rumour - Wilmar Barrios

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So what was your point?

We’re a club that has to take calculated risks, or gambles with our signings. That’s the game we’re in, we have to be clever with buys like Lamptey. Or shrewd with free agents who buy into our project (Lallana).

So by definition no signing is risk free.

However, we must not stand still. Doing so is in itself a risk (do you get that?) and whilst Davy and Dale are decent squad players it’s an area we can improve if we want to progress as a club.

This guy is a Columbian international, has motive to join, and is a good age so has potential resale value.

Davy is not going to be a starting CM for us this season. He’s decent, no more no less.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
We’re a club that has to take calculated risks, or gambles with our signings. That’s the game we’re in, we have to be clever with buys like Lamptey. Or shrewd with free agents who buy into our project (Lallana).

So by definition no signing is risk free.

However, we must not stand still. Doing so is in itself a risk (do you get that?) and whilst Davy and Dale are decent squad players it’s an area we can improve if we want to progress as a club.

This guy is a Columbian international, has motive to join, and is a good age so has potential resale value.

Davy is not going to be a starting CM for us this season. He’s decent, no more no less.

So Davy being a Netherlands international = squad player but this guys being a Colombian International = starter?

I never said the signing in itself was risky, I said selling Propper would be risky.

As much as you don't rate him, he was our starting CM last year and was a large reason as to why we stayed up.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Makes sense if Pröpper is off to Ajax.

Or perhaps keeping Pröpper and using him further up the pitch as that's where he plays in more of an advanced role for Holland? I doubt he's going anywhere especially as I he was saying how much experience etc. Veltman will be bringing to the team this season.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yeah I don’t think he’s going to be our starting CM buddy.

No. He'll be rotated, like the rest of the midfield.

We'd be a hell of a lot weaker without Davy.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
But you think he should/will be sold?

Will he be? no idea.
Should he be? if we could get back anywhere near what we paid, i'd sell personally (once suitable replacement signed)

Just not consistent enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here