Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer news. Do these guys ever get it right?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No pace, no strength, 1 footed, cant tackle or shoot, weak..

No thanks

Cheers TSB. I couldn't be arsed to reply to drivel like that. Some people have no idea.

:lolol: I got halfway and thought "They're clearly on a windup. Why am I bothering?" but he's worth it. I saw people getting excited about Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Bennett et al only a month or so ago and now NSC is so blase that 'Tex? Nah. Didn't really stand out. Could do better'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm just not convinced he fits in the starting XI.

CH made a point today of saying how much work Kayal and Stephens had to do, plus the ground they needed to cover.
That's not my memory of Tex's time here last season.

So he's either an expensive plan B - or an out of position Baldock back up.

All at a time when the club may well be looking for another centre half, and definitely need another winger.

I'm sure he'll be a considerably better player when in a better team.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Wouldn't mind Che Adams from Sheff Utd, nothing to do with mugging Adkins off again but at 19 he can play out wide or up top and looks awesome.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Vastly over rated on NSC , he influenced very few games last season , he was inconsistent , easily pushed of the ball , can't header or tackle , drifted out of games , to light weight. , I think we need to move on

Although Teixiera scored the first goal in our 2-0 victory against Leeds in our first victory under Hyypia and followed up with the winner in his home debut a few days later, it is true that he wasn't prepared for the rigours of the Championship. He was was easily pushed off the ball and often attempted to beat one player too many. When we played Middlesbrough in October they recognised he was our play-maker and duly targetted him (the player who clattered his head should've been red carded) and he was subbed on thirty minutes (replaced by McCourt!).

On his return, he gradually increased his resilience and showed us glimpses of his undoubted ability (e.g. the 2 goals against Ipswich), by far and away the most gifted player in our team last year. In spite of only starting 27 games, he was, with 6 goals, the top scorer in a malfunctioning, stuttering team. His performances and quality was regularly noted by the better sports writers and, more importantly, by Hughton.

I'd welcome his return.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
:lolol: I got halfway and thought "They're clearly on a windup. Why am I bothering?" but he's worth it. I saw people getting excited about Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Bennett et al only a month or so ago and now NSC is so blase that 'Tex? Nah. Didn't really stand out. Could do better'

Ahhhh, well thanks for persevering with your post. The rest of us are such silly things, I dread to think where this board would be without your guidance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
TECHNICALLY better than anyone in our squad. Not on the same level as Vicebte but you can see the natural ability that Liverpool obviously spotted. Yes other parts not great, lightweight, bottle job etc... But would be a great young asset. Can only see a loan myself...

The guy had plenty of skill, but others are right, he was too easily knocked off the ball, and could drift out of games if he didn't get enough action. But when he was good he was very good, and he has the ability to open up defences. But I think he would only come in as a back up for Kayal.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Can not believe we are debating whether we would or would not have him back!!

Technically, head and shoulders above anybody in the current squad and can only get better!

Sure, he will make mistakes, but I for one would be happy to watch him develop and ultimately improve!

Would be stunned if any truth in this rumour!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Would have him back like a shot. Really don't understand the negativity.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He could play in a 4-4-1-1 just behind the striker. That wouldn't disrupt the team shape too much.

He's the creative spark we're short of at the moment, and would do even better in this seasons improved team.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Although he may not be the finished article I for one would consider my season ticket money well spent if I had the chance to watch him improve each week. Just bulk him up a bit and watch him tear up this league.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Anyway, can somebody please answer my original question? Live Transfer News? Bullshitters or is it worth losing any sleep over this rumour?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Not that I think this rumour is likely, but I don't get this "he doesn't fit the system" stuff. CH already on record as saying he will play different systems at different times. And hardly a big stretch to imagine us switching between 4-4-2 and a 4-2-3-1 with Tex, Murphy and ANOther winger as the 3 behind Tomer or BZ. Likely be a loan of we get him though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Do I understand some of this? Some are saying he's not good enough but Liverpool wouldn't sell him, only loan him?
Wenger rated him and targeted him a threat, unfortunately he was ill and did not play against Arsenal last season. Obviously not good enough for some of the top arm chair managers on NSC though. Give them Chris Wood and they are as happy as pigs in shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here