Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Music

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
You've had several sensible answers already. The easiest way o do it is using a usb to mini-usb cable. My android phone charger has such a cable plugged into a plug for charging. I can unplug the cable from the charging plug and use that to connect my phone to my laptop. The same process will work for your tablet to PC. If your charger isn't in 2 parts then you just need to buy the cable, or fly to Joburg with the tablet and the PC and I'll bring the cable to the airport.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You've had several sensible answers already. The easiest way o do it is using a usb to mini-usb cable. My android phone charger has such a cable plugged into a plug for charging. I can unplug the cable from the charging plug and use that to connect my phone to my laptop. The same process will work for your tablet to PC. If your charger isn't in 2 parts then you just need to buy the cable, or fly to Joburg with the tablet and the PC and I'll bring the cable to the airport.

Thanks for that. I have managed to put some music on the sd card but wanted to add some more some from 3 cds but have been told I have to import the CD via either I Tunes or Windows Media but I also have some on a USB Memory stick and asked if I could import them to my lap top by the same method.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Hopefully somebody sensible will post on here. Perhaps the last poster should change his name to young boy of Sussex it would seem more appropriate.

Sorry, I was blind drunk, so I apologise. I hope you've sorted out your technical problems.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thanks for that. I have managed to put some music on the sd card but wanted to add some more some from 3 cds but have been told I have to import the CD via either I Tunes or Windows Media but I also have some on a USB Memory stick and asked if I could import them to my lap top by the same method.

If you're saying that you want to shift music from the USB stick to the laptop then yes, that's easy. Just plug the stick in and copy the files over to the laptop? If you're wanting to put the tunes from the USB stick to the SD card then just plug both into the laptop and shift the files directly from the stick to the card.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

If you can play the CDs on your laptop then just download some CD ripping software to copy the music off each of the CDsi n turn and convert to MP3 format. Then you can store the music on your laptop or transfer to the tablet. Just google free cd ripping software. www.freerip.com is one option but there are several others.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sorry must be confusing everybody I have sorted the cds but now I want to import from a USB Memory stick to my laptop can I do that?

By import do you mean you want the tracks in iTunes? Or do you simply want to copy the music from the usb drive to the laptops hard-drive?

If it's a simple case of copying the music from one device to another then post 12 explains how to do it. Where it says SD card just take that to be your laptop hard drive.

If you want to import the tracks into iTunes then stick the usb key into the laptop, start iTunes and select add folder to library from the menu and then browse to the folder your music is in on the usb key to add that music to iTunes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks will that then make them able to be put on other devices like I pod mp3 etc. Basically I want to put them and store them on the lap top hard drive so they can be reansferred at a later date if required.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Thanks will that then make them able to be put on other devices like I pod mp3 etc. Basically I want to put them and store them on the lap top hard drive so they can be reansferred at a later date if required.

Yes, once you've copied them to your laptop hard drive they will be available to import/export/copy etc to another device at a future date.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Transfer Music, crikey, I'm against goal music so striking up GOSBTS for each transfer goes beyond a joke!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have managed to put the music on my I pod from I tunes but 1 question some of the tracks seem quieter than others is it possible to increase the volume of the original recording on the I pod without starting again. I read on google that under EU law Apple have had to reduce the volume level on later I pods. Mine is a 2nd generation nano.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here