Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Deadline Day

I just don’t understand.

Connolly?

I mean, what more do the management need to see?

The pressure is very much on him now. If he doesn’t put the next sitter in the net, the crowd will turn on him and that will be the end.

Given our tendency not to sign strikers and to send the ones we do (or have) out on loan, we have just put him 100% in the spotlight. Very high risk on many counts.

I pray that Maupay and Wellbeck stay fit and keep scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may not be a deliberate vote of confidence in Connolly, it’s just that our list of targets didn’t come off.

I’m not a knocker of Connolly, think his stock is low at the moment but he could get goals for us, it’s just his strengths are different to Maupay and Welbeck so the team may be less attuned to playing those deft through balls his game needs, we are much more practiced at the more passing build up involving the other strikers’s superior ability to hold the ball and lay off

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
At least we still have Bissouma.

With the fans forum over a week away I wonder if a new contract will be announced this week based on the inactivity of inbounds at the end of the windows?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
At least we still have Bissouma.

With the fans forum over a week away I wonder if a new contract will be announced this week based on the inactivity of inbounds at the end of the windows?

If a new contract with Bissouma is signed, its probably more to secure the £60m asset rather than to make Justice and THPP hula dance at some fan meeting.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If a new contract with Bissouma is signed, its probably more to secure the £60m asset rather than to make Justice and THPP hula dance at some fan meeting.

I am not saying we have a contract policy to appease the fans! Timing (if he renews) will be telling though

boik

I just don’t understand.

Connolly?

I mean, what more do the management need to see?

The pressure is very much on him now. If he doesn’t put the next sitter in the net, the crowd will turn on him and that will be the end.

Given our tendency not to sign strikers and to send the ones we do (or have) out on loan, we have just put him 100% in the spotlight. Very high risk on many counts.

I pray that Maupay and Wellbeck stay fit and keep scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope the crowd are a bit more patient and understanding than you seem to be. A very vocal minority have already targeted him as the next scapegoat, whilst "1 in 10 Glen" is a hero.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Perhaps we should have two headers from the ALBION marketing team

1. Albion purchase xxxxx and will feature in the first team squad

2. Albion purchase xxxxx and will be moved to the buy to loan to sell squad

That will then allow us not get get all giddy when we sign some young exciting young player only to see him loaned out to a club in the arse end of England or Belgium.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I really hope the crowd are a bit more patient and understanding than you seem to be. A very vocal minority have already targeted him as the next scapegoat, whilst "1 in 10 Glen" is a hero.

Glenn created chances and the clear cut ones, he put away.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
In hindsight I’m wondering whether the failed transfers of Jahangash and Locadia have had a lasting effect on our strategy.

It seems for the most part we are either going for moneyball type targets like Sima and then trying to develop through loan spells or going after more elite signings like Gonzalez and Nunez.

Obviously when after more top end players the pool is smaller and we are less attractive and financially able to pull those signings off.

I think most people’s concerns about the amount of loans out, isn’t because they think it’s a waste of time or that they don’t see the strategy it’s because they are concerned about us being left short which in the attacking sense is a real worry. That said apart from Zeqiri I don’t think any of the players we have loaned would have seen any significant action even with injuries.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

He scores with his cock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here