Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
@soccer_sauce: Hearing that Brighton have made an enquiry for Aberdeen forward Niall McGinn #BHAFC
Double shrug

That would be a promising replacement for Will Buckley.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Anyone reckon we have/had any chance with Jonathon Soriano?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Middlesbrough have now agreed terms for Jelle Vossen and Yanic Wildschut - ???

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Middlesbrough have now agreed terms for Jelle Vossen and Yanic Wildschut - ???

I'll be very surprised if they are within FFP limits.They have spent quite a bit of dosh this window.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I think we have a strong squad as it stands although there seems a lack of height amongst our otherwise great forward options. Two headed goals on Saturday. Dunk will only be in the box at set pieces.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Can't see much happening at all for us today, possibly Maxi out on loan and at a stretch a desperate last minute bid for CMS from someone. Any guesses on how many deals to happen ?, I'm going for 79 inc. loans.

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As it stands, getting rid of CMS and keeping COG would weaken our striking options. CMS has already scored twice this season and nearly did so again on saturday. We needed to get Grabban in January but that wasn't to be. I've seen McGinn and quite frankly, he's not the answer.
Virgs said on saturday night that we needed a big target man but if that was the case why bring in Colunga and Baldock and if COG isn't the big target man, what the hell is he?

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
As it stands, getting rid of CMS and keeping COG would weaken our striking options. CMS has already scored twice this season and nearly did so again on saturday. We needed to get Grabban in January but that wasn't to be. I've seen McGinn and quite frankly, he's not the answer.
Virgs said on saturday night that we needed a big target man but if that was the case why bring in Colunga and Baldock and if COG isn't the big target man, what the hell is he?

Think COG was brought In to keep us "Bedwetters" quiet to make us think they are actually doing something. That's MY theory anyway's. that is In no way shape or form trying to start a debate. I was just expressing my opinion.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Think COG was brought In to keep us "Bedwetters" quiet to make us think they are actually doing something. That's MY theory anyway's. that is In no way shape or form trying to start a debate. I was just expressing my opinion.

I don't think TB does appeasement. I'm as bewildered now as to the reasoning for COG as I was at the time. Here's hoping he scores 15-20 goals this season and shows us all to have poor judgement. But ........

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think those hoping for something big like an expensive striker , will be disappointed. Baldock was tagged as "our key attacking target" when he signed, so perhaps it's unlikely anything grand will happen.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I still think we could make a big signing today but one out, CMS is the most likely, maybe March, I wouldn't be surprised if someone came in with an offer for Lua Lua in his last year of contract so could be an interesting day.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
@soccer_sauce: Hearing that Brighton have made an enquiry for Aberdeen forward Niall McGinn #BHAFC
Double shrug

Here's a sample of @soccer_sauce over the last few months. Not saying they are all wrong as its not always public who Albion's targets are but you can judge the track record.

Aug 1st: Brighton have today made enquiries for exciting Serbian attacking midfielder Filip Kostić of Groningen.Player available for £2.5m #BHAFC
Jul 16th: Just in: Brighton are in talks with Liverpool over a cut price deal for full back Martin Kelly #BHAFC #SEAGULLS #LFC
Jul 1st: We also understand that if Leonardo Ulloa does move to Leicester as expected, the Seagulls will launch a bid for Jordan Rhodes #BHAFC #LCFC
Jul 1st: Breaking: We have been informed that Brighton are chasing Wolves MF Bakary Sako, & Helsinki winger Sebastian Mannström #BHAFC #WWFC #HJK
Jun 10th: Just in.Brighton in advanced discussions to sign Hamburg Norwegian MF Per Coljan Skjelbred for fee of around £2.5m #BHAFC #SEAGULLS
May 29th: Steve Clarke now bookies favourite to be next Brighton manager.Remember when we told you all 2/3 weeks ago he was being lined up?
Sep 7th 2013: Heard further detail tonight which suggests that Becchio deal to Brighton is as good as a done deal #BHAFC #NCFC #SEAGULLS

and so on...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Slightly disappointed if the 8 million Ulloa fee and the 2.5 million Buckley fee arn't used to bring in a better striker than Baldock. Surely we can afford Vossen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here