Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day ***OFFICIAL*** Thread

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
reading all this reminded me of a mate of mine (now passed away) who came to work one day and his words were "what the f*** are we doing signing some midget from Burton Albion I give up"
that midget was Peter Ward ..............how many 20+ seasons did he have

Exactly why we should give players we sign a chance. I remember a few comments on Bobby Z when he first arrived which were of the negative, bet those individuals have forgotten them now, conveniently.

All those whingers on here right now, take note!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Jérémie Aliadière is available on a free.

shame he'd want too much dosh. He's hardly prolific though.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'm thinking it's going to be a free agent signing...so off the top of my head possibly:

Jez Aliadere
Trez Kandol
Jeffers
Vassell

Plus there must be loads out there who could "do" a job and won't break the bank. I'm sure we'll hear about him in the next few days!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did I not see somewhere that players on permanent contracts must be signed before 12pm on the previous day to be eligible for a match. BUT players signed on loan are eligible if signed before 5pm?

If so, then surely Lua Lua WOULD be eligible for the JPT game tomorrow night?

???

I think the 5pm deadline is only for short term loans, and Lua Lua's counts as a long term loan.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
the moaners are never right. Because they never stop moaning. If we had signed a 30-goal striker they would be moaning about the keeper or the length of Lua Lua's contract.

I would say the ONLY gap that remains in our squad is a proven scorer at L1 level... if we get this guy in, then I predict play-offs at least... moaning over... in the meantime, the moaners were spot on to AGREE WITH GUS that we needed said striker...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
indeed it is......cant wait to see the reaction from some of these moaning wankers on here when the team plays well and challenges at the top end of the table all season!! I think Lua Lua was more important than a striker.....ok i know we do need cover if Murray or barnes get injured but our first 11 is looking good.

Both Lua Lua AND a proven striker are key signings...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What if the last central heated summerhouse has already been sold and you have to wait to rent one?

You can keep your tools in a shed for the time being that may prove to be useful.

LoL! :bowdown::thumbsup::laugh:

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
what is happening with cover for leftback i thought gus wanted to get someone in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here