Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Deadline Day no. 1

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Mo Salah and Raheem Sterling aren't strikers, but were still their respective clubs' top scorers last season.

Quite, which is why I think Trossard - Maupay - AJ is a winning trio up front.

or at least 3, one striker and inside left/right. . . . other players are available.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Mo Salah and Raheem Sterling aren't strikers, but were still their respective clubs' top scorers last season.

Mo Saleh and Raheem Stirling are world class players who play against regulation non world class defenders.

Ali J and Tross are not world class

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

If it’s just a loan, we’re looking for the big striker signing in January.

If Edouard has not signed a new contract, his price is only going to go down so we could be holding out for him.

If we fail with the Dia loan, I suspect we’ll be chasing a Championship Striker for the next two weeks to fill the gap.

Deeney anyone?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

If Edouard has not signed a new contract, his price is only going to go down so we could be holding out for him.

If we fail with the Dia loan, I suspect we’ll be chasing a Championship Striker for the next two weeks to fill the gap.

Deeney anyone?

Deeney isn’t good enough for Watford in the Championship according to a Watford ST I know. Apparently that view is shared by a lot of their supporters.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Deeney isn’t good enough for Watford in the Championship according to a Watford ST I know. Apparently that view is shared by a lot of their supporters.

Watford have another striker who has been on the bench recently. Bit of a veteran but has a good gaolscoring record and Premier League experience ...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Deeney anyone?

Purchase NO.
Loan - First, second or third choice Option NO

Last Turkey in the shop and we fail to get any other targets - Yes get him in.

fwiw I think he could go to WBA, hes a local lad still lives in Midlands and has commuted to Watford allegedly. WBA would be his best option for family life if they're interested

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMHO

Attachments

• BHAFCDoSomething.jpg
    BHAFCDoSomething.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 197

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think things will start kicking off after 7pm.

Remember, we’re masters at keeping deals quiet. I’d not be surprised if a Striker chase similar to the Janssen one pops up after 10pm. What fun that would be!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I think things will start kicking off after 7pm.

Remember, we’re masters at keeping deals quiet. I’d not be surprised if a Striker chase similar to the Janssen one pops up after 10pm. What fun that would be!

would be nice to see we are actually trying...or has everyone gone home already?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Quite, which is why I think Trossard - Maupay - AJ is a winning trio up front.

or at least 3, one striker and inside left/right. . . . other players are available.

I think Trossard is definitely a decent goalscorer at this level. He scored just about 1 in 2 in his last season in Belgium, and has shown enough since lockdown (to me, anyway) to suggest he's a very decent player. AJ was scoring better than 1 in 2 in his last season in Holland, but has obviously struggled here, so far. However, if given a more attacking role I think he can knock them in. He's got a great shot - just needs to have the courage to take a risk more often. We've got more options going forward than last season, even without Murray (who scored a total of ONE premier league goal last season). The likes of Lallana and Mac Alister are also more likely to get on the score sheet than (say) Stephens and Propper. Plus, Bissouma is getting better all the time. And we've got more invention at the back (Lamptey and White). I'm not too worried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here