Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Transfer Deadline Day - 1st September 2022

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably no more incoming then, and no £20M striker (who'd have thunk it). What I am surprised, and rather disappointed about is that no more of the youngsters amongst the likes of Offiah, Turns, Tsoungui, Spong and co. appear to be packing their bags and going out for an exciting year on loan to the likes of Newport, Rochdale, Walsall or wherever. Same goes for Andone and Enciso (though for very different reasons between those two!!)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Got to love the good old whinge at the club on Dead Line day.

As others have mentioned previously, we could not be in better hands, yet some people can't/won't see it.

I fully trust those in charge that they may actually know what they are doing more than some FIFA Carer mode geek*.

*I have become one of these lately, so its not meant in a degrading manner.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It don’t get away from the fact that Maupay goals have been taken out of the team 1-1,at saints West Ham palace to name but three . It more the fact about cover injury prone wellbeck undav untested at this level and a youngster weakest strikeforce in league by a country mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think a strikeforce containing Danny Welbeck and the third highest scorer in Europe last season is weaker BY A COUNTRY MILE than Dominic Solanke / Jamal Lowe / Kieffer Moore?

:facepalm:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
You think a strikeforce containing Danny Welbeck and the third highest scorer in Europe last season is weaker BY A COUNTRY MILE than Dominic Solanke / Jamal Lowe / Kieffer Moore?

:facepalm:

To be fair, I don't think anyone considers Bournemouth to be in our league, seems to be more of an administrative error than anything else.

They will of course do the double over us as they march to 9 points for the season...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To be fair, I don't think anyone considers Bournemouth to be in our league, seems to be more of an administrative error than anything else.

They will of course do the double over us as they march to 9 points for the season...

:lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Probably no more incoming then, and no £20M striker (who'd have thunk it). What I am surprised, and rather disappointed about is that no more of the youngsters amongst the likes of Offiah, Turns, Tsoungui, Spong and co. appear to be packing their bags and going out for an exciting year on loan to the likes of Newport, Rochdale, Walsall or wherever. Same goes for Andone and Enciso (though for very different reasons between those two!!)

While there's still time for one or two to go out (sometimes there's outgoing loans with no prior rumours indicating it), it is also important to stay up in the highest U23 division to make sure the youngsters get the best possible quality opposition.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
While there's still time for one or two to go out (sometimes there's outgoing loans with no prior rumours indicating it), it is also important to stay up in the highest U23 division to make sure the youngsters get the best possible quality opposition.
I wasn't suggesting they should all go, but I hoped for more than have gone so far - from last year's U21/U23s I think it's only Leonard who has gone out for a first time loan; others, like Jenks, Weir, Rushworth, are out on second loans..

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
“Blackburn snub Fulham's Brereton Diaz bid
Blackburn Rovers have turned down a second bid from Fulham for striker Ben Brereton Diaz.
Sky Sports News understands the second bid was almost identical to the first and has been rejected out of hand by Blackburn.” SSN

Well, if they don’t want him!

Blackburn have already reportedly turned down £10m from Nice. I suspect Fulham offered them £10.5m and then £10.5m and a set of tracksuits.

Let’s gazump them if we rate BBD, using the Maupay loot would surely get the deal done?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It don’t get away from the fact that Maupay goals have been taken out of the team 1-1,at saints West Ham palace to name but three . It more the fact about cover injury prone wellbeck undav untested at this level and a youngster weakest strikeforce in league by a country mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you intentionally missing the point or just not getting it? You asked where the 'missing' goals from Maupay will come from. I've indicated where I think they will – plus Welbeck might get more than last season and yes Undav might be 'untested', but that's not to say that he won't score any goals this season.

As for Le Petit Shitehouse – two goals. That's how many he scored between Christmas and the end of the season. So let's look at your stats in a different way: during that period Brighton won eight games and both his goals came in 2-0 wins, so made zero difference to the final result. Hardly the prolific front man that so many are mourning...

boik

People complaining that the squad is weaker after the outgoings still haven't come to terms with the way the Albion are working nowadays. Effectively the plan is that we replace from below. Players will probably take a couple of years from when we buy them to when they replace someone that we sell, but I'm pretty sure that is the plan to help us become self-sustaining. Cucu was a one-off in that the money was crazy after just one year so we had to take it and get Pervis in pronto. By the way, Pervis will be a great addition, just give him a bit of time.

I personally think that Ferguson supported by Moran will be our future, but I think the Conolly experience means that young Evan will be treated very carefully.

I trust Tony and the team, even if it means we didn't go top for one day.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
“Blackburn snub Fulham's Brereton Diaz bid
Blackburn Rovers have turned down a second bid from Fulham for striker Ben Brereton Diaz.
Sky Sports News understands the second bid was almost identical to the first and has been rejected out of hand by Blackburn.” SSN

Well, if they don’t want him!

Blackburn have already reportedly turned down £10m from Nice. I suspect Fulham offered them £10.5m and then £10.5m and a set of tracksuits.

Let’s gazump them if we rate BBD, using the Maupay loot would surely get the deal done?
What was the 'Maupay loot' - how much? Undisclosed, I know - but the word around about is how much?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
This quote on the BBC website
Looks like another bumper deadline day for Palace, I understand we've already signed a new tea lady, subject to a medical, and that we are close to poaching two car park attendants from one of our London Premier League rivals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here