Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Transfer Deadline Day - 1st September 2022

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Also, people banging on about how 'we're only five games in' and yet they are moaning about Undav based on a few minutes here and there. You can't have it both ways!

Another thing that the whole 'this squad is weaker' crowd have failed to admit is that the quality – and output – of the existing players has gone up as they have an extra year of PL experience. Take Groß –*scapegoat from loads of people and out of the starting 11 for much of the time, now he's an integral part of the team. Sanchez has got much better and stronger. Veltman, Mac Allister, Trossard, the list goes on...

It's almost like you're suggesting Undav, Enciso, Estupinan may get better with a bit of time like others have recently. A seemingly novel way of thinking.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Ok, but there isn't.

This is the Premier League. If you're not Manchester City, or Liverpool playing a bottom side, no one is winning anything with "ease".

Countless games last season where we had 20+ shots on goal and ended up
Goalles draws or losses.

Leeds, Brentford, Norwich etc

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Says the poster who questioned whether I had a brain. Clearly you are the one short of a few brain cells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Care to point me to where I said that?

That's right you can't, because I didn't :lolol:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'm starting to wonder whether we have financial 'issues'. It is possible that with all the expenditure on infrastructure over the last few years, covid and expanding our wage structure, that Tony over leveraged? Just a wild thought!

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
really hard not to feel like our squad is weaker than last season. which is what we were explicitly told it wouldn't be. matter of opinion I guess, the club's being different to mine

Well there is no way on earth with three first teamers sold and untried and untested players comming in that we are anything but weaker as a club despite are good start

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Brighton or #bhafc twitter feed is not a happy place at the moment. Full of angry armchair managers who know better than Potter it would seem.

As others have said it’s about opinions you agree with club fine . Some disagree that’s fine too , why make it that one side is better . Time will tell but we saw the other night if wellbeck don’t start what plan b looks like bloody scary !
Three first teamers sold replaced by untried and tested replacements that’s facts not made up Bollox

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree with that other than that is very harsh on Pervis, considering GP normally breaks in players slowly so that they can adjust to how we play. Pervis has, through necessity, been chucked straight in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why was there any 'necessity' to chuck Estupinan straight in?

We had 7 points from the first three (tough) games, without needing him.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I'm starting to wonder whether we have financial 'issues'. It is possible that with all the expenditure on infrastructure over the last few years, covid and expanding our wage structure, that Tony over leveraged? Just a wild thought!

Transfer deadline day = obscene culmination of a sport completely removed from reality.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Copied from an earlier post: 'As I've said before, all the time the midfielders (and, to a lesser degree, defenders) are chipping in with goals (which they seem to be this season and the tail end of last season) it's less of a problem who is up front and what they are doing.'

of course, but there's still going to be games where a decent striker (doesn't have to be a £50M, 20 goal player) would get us more wins. that's regardless of how many the midfield are or aren't scoring. and also, that post ignores the fact that much of what our players up front do isn't about scoring. I'm absolutely petrified of what will happen if welbeck gets injured, which, let's face it, isn't beyond the realms of possibility. we have absolutely nobody who can offer his movement. Undav obviously has his qualities, but being an outlet for building attacks in the same way as welbeck isn't one of them

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
As others have said it’s snout opinions you agree with club fine . Some disagree that’s fine too , why make it that one side is better . Time will tell but we saw the other night if wellbeck don’t start what plan b looks like bloody scary !
Three first teamers sold replaced by untried snd tested replacements that’s facts not made up Bollox

I don't get this 'untested' thing.

Bissouma 'replaced' by Caicedo / Ali Mac both of whom have played PL games for us and performed well.
Cucu replaced by Estupinan who looks like he has a clanger in him but has played Champions League football and spent three years in the Spanish top flight.
Undav, yeah I could see the 'untested' argument given the relative level of USG to the Premier League.

We've not chucked in a bunch of nobodies :shrug:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
of course, but there's still going to be games where a decent striker (doesn't have to be a £50M, 20 goal player) would get us more wins. that's regardless of how many the midfield are or aren't scoring. and also, that post ignores the fact that much of what our players up front do isn't about scoring. I'm absolutely petrified of what will happen if welbeck gets injured, which, let's face it, isn't beyond the realms of possibility. we have absolutely nobody who can offer his movement. Undav obviously has his qualities, but being an outlet for building attacks in the same way as welbeck isn't one of them
For me if wellbz is injured long term we are in a relegation battle no two ways about it.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Well I agree with all of that except just blindly agreeing with the public club stance. Prefer to use my own brain

it's just that the repetative mithering tends to clutter up the thread. we are, after all, all adults

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
appreciate your point but we did the the double over brentford last season

It was painful to remember the other teams we battered last year but could put the ball in the net!

Can’t remember them for a reason I guess

Plenty of more opportunities this year I guess.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Even with those big money sales, over the last 8 seasons our transfer loss is still about £130m. As well as operating losses. I'm not quite getting where people think TB just has endless money to put into the club? :shrug:

Before we got rinsed on energy costs, fuel and food prices I would have suggested that if Mr Chairman needed to raise some cash he could put up a chunk of shares for purchase by fans. I am sure there are / would have been many fans who would like to take a financial stake in the club.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I would be much happier if we got in another striker but only if that striker was good enough that Potter would actually pick him to play. The odds of us signing Welbz II seem to be slim right now but I would rather no signing than another panic-buy Locadia just for the sake of adding numbers.

You mean like undav ?who we bought in and don’t play [emoji23][emoji106]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's almost like you're suggesting Undav, Enciso, Estupinan may get better with a bit of time like others have recently. A seemingly novel way of thinking.

Crazy, right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here