15/16 £-12m
16/17 £-8m
17/18 £-60m
18/19 £-66m
19/20 £-48m
20/21 £-7m
21/22 £+3m
22/23 £+69m

The operating losses of course run alongside this. Despite some big transfer income, it's still dwarfed by previous fees paid and operating losses. Not yours or my money though is it.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Naylors just tweeted that there’s very little chance of us signing a forward. Says club viewed it as a bonus, not a necessity.

FFS

really hard not to feel like our squad is weaker than last season. which is what we were explicitly told it wouldn't be. matter of opinion I guess, the club's being different to mine

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Beyond belief if you have no idea what the club's spending has been over the last 6 or so years.

No beyond belief that for the umpteenth window we seem to be doing nothing about the most obvious squad gap even with about 130 million in player sales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
was happy with our striking options this season

but since have sold Maupay and Undav looks way off it.

Hopefully we will be ok but it feels a familiar feeling when we get the news that no new striker is incoming

We'll be alright I'm sure but there will be bad runs and missed chances that will bring this topic up throughout the season.

Lets hope one of our strikers can get 10 +

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The facts are we now have a weaker squad than we did before the transfer window.

What doesn’t help us that literally two days ago we got a glimpse of what would happen should Welbeck get injured and that is despite Potter actually saying he wanted a back up to Welbeck.

Undav can’t be expected to have the same impact as a striker who has had three seasons in the PL.

Some people seem incredulous that anyone would question the club, it seems perfectly valid to question our approach to forward signings.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Brighton or #bhafc twitter feed is not a happy place at the moment. Full of angry armchair managers who know better than Potter it would seem.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Brighton or #bhafc twitter feed is not a happy place at the moment. Full of angry armchair managers who know better than Potter it would seem.

Who all would be happy to personally finance our losses over 12 years...probably screaming blue murder that they have to spend an extra £20 to share a ticket...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Why let Maupay go if we haven’t lined up a replacement? Some may say that Undav is the replacement but from what I’ve seen of him he is way off in terms of the mobility needed to play in the Premier League.
Yes, we have options in Ferguson and Enciso but they are completely untested at this level.
I think this is a very disappointing failure from the club.
We got a lot of income from the Cucurella and Bissouma sales and so could have kept Maupay to make the transition for the Ferguson’s and Enciso’s easier over time. Appreciate we’d have missed out on the Maupay transfer fee but we would have had more strength in depth.
Disappointed.
Re Gilmour, yes, would be a good addition but if it doesn’t happen I’m not overly bothered as we have strength in depth in midfield.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Carlos Vinícius anyone?

6’3 target man

1 in 3 during his time in Europe

5m apparently

Appreciate the barrel is being scrapped

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Imagine that - we have plenty of whingebags on here, some who are almost literally stamping their feet and crying over the lack of signings. If they haven't learnt to trust the club yet then they never will. Not to mention there really aren't that many games before the next transfer window opens anyway.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The facts are we now have a weaker squad than we did before the transfer window.

What doesn’t help us that literally two days ago we got a glimpse of what would happen should Welbeck get injured and that is despite Potter actually saying he wanted a back up to Welbeck.

Undav can’t be expected to have the same impact as a striker who has had three seasons in the PL.

Some people seem incredulous that anyone would question the club, it seems perfectly valid to question our approach to forward signings.

Not a fact - its an opinion.

Personally I think people remember how PL teams used to have 4 established strikers when almost everyone was playing 4-4-2 formations. Today teams commonly have two striker options and then some youngsters or players who can play in multiple positions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stupid comment. But the early signs are not good for Undav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you like but I think it's way more stupid to be writing him off before he's even had a full game in the PL.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why let Maupay go if we haven’t lined up a replacement? Some may say that Undav is the replacement but from what I’ve seen of him he is way off in terms of the mobility needed to play in the Premier League.
Yes, we have options in Ferguson and Enciso but they are completely untested at this level.
I think this is a very disappointing failure from the club.
We got a lot of income from the Cucurella and Bissouma sales and so could have kept Maupay to make the transition for the Ferguson’s and Enciso’s easier over time. Appreciate we’d have missed out on the Maupay transfer fee but we would have had more strength in depth.
Disappointed.
Re Gilmour, yes, would be a good addition but if it doesn’t happen I’m not overly bothered as we have strength in depth in midfield.

Even with those big money sales, over the last 8 seasons our transfer loss is still about £130m. As well as operating losses. I'm not quite getting where people think TB just has endless money to put into the club? :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well I agree with all of that except just blindly agreeing with the public club stance. Prefer to use my own brain
If you have a brain, it will tell you that we have seen near constant improvement year on year. There are literally about 3 seasons at the Amex where that hasn't been the case.

Or I suppose your brain could just tell you to whinge and whine about our lack of 20 goal striker every single transfer window. Fill your boots. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here