Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Transfer Deadline Day - 1st September 2022

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think he was making a joke.

I’m so confused with all the transfer targets, South American wonder kids from Chile, Argentina, strikers from Italy, Gambia, midfielders from Scotland, France etc, I can’t recognise humour from errors or desperation for a 20 goal a season hero!
I think I need a lie down😂

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I think he was making a joke.

steve_coogan_alan_partridge(1).jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Given that we have a decent relationship with Blackburn I think this is an achievable deal even if we pay a million or two more than we'd like.

It’s interesting to note that Christian Kouamé played the full 90’ last night against Udinese as did Brereton-Diaz against Blackpool.

That would indicate that neither deal is close but things speed up the closer you get to the deadline.

I’m hoping Barrow is the ‘real deal’ and that Naylor/Athletic have been sold a pup in terms of the Kouamé story so that the club can get the Musa deal over the line without any damaging attention or gazumping from others.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I really do think we'll be OK this season.
The regular 'we don't have an incoming striker' issue keeps rolling on, and will never change.
Look at Chelsea, they're desperate to get Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in, even though he'll probably take 2-3 weeks to get up to speed, after his home invasion.
I trust GP to have a scooby to what's needed.
Did you see us without Welbeck it was a shit show :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor Says van Hecke not going on loan in The Athletic transfer blog.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't actually think we'll sign anyone today.

We may get to a Vincent Janssen situation with deal sheets in play but my feeling is the striker deals will all be a bit too pricey as the deadline looms.

Gilmour now seems only do-able if Chelsea sing a midfielder first - so I guess we watch out for that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolutely no chance we'll get BBD and understandably so. If he leaves Blackburn, it'll be for an eyewatering fee - the size we simply don't pay for Championship players because that league is so overpriced. However, unless Potter has faith in Undav (and I agree with [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] that he might) then we are still a striker short.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Absolutely no chance we'll get BBD and understandably so. If he leaves Blackburn, it'll be for an eyewatering fee - the size we simply don't pay for Championship players because that league is so overpriced. However, unless Potter has faith in Undav (and I agree with [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] that he might) then we are still a striker short.

I disagree. He has a year left. He’ll be around £15m like Kouamé and Barrow.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I disagree. He has a year left. He’ll be around £15m like Kouamé and Barrow.

Ok, not eye watering but still quite a lot for a player who has had literally one good Championship season after several mediocre ones. Maupay went for that sort of money after three seasons scoring 8, 8 and 10 in the Premier league.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ok, not eye watering but still quite a lot for a player who has had literally one good Championship season after several mediocre ones. Maupay went for that sort of money after three seasons scoring 8, 8 and 10 in the Premier league.

I agree. He is not worth over £10m so there is a transfer deadline day inflation if he goes for an amount over that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excellent, the striker angst is back!! I was worried we had stopped all that running around like headless chickens about it :lolol:

The club clearly haven't got the same sense of urgency as us!!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Think you are confusing Big Dan Burn with Ben Brereton Diaz.

dan, dan.............DAN!........................................................................................................................................... DAN!

it's not dan

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Excellent, the striker angst is back!! I was worried we had stopped all that running around like headless chickens about it [emoji38]ol:
Simply incredible we are worse off in that department from this time last year !! Longest running joke in football.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here